Notices

Airfare in October

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 06:52 AM
Greg

Airfare in October

What are the chances that I will see R/T airfare to Spain as cheap as I see them for travel now? (When the prices are updated later in the year, that is.)

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:47 AM
Renee

Hi Greg,

I've noticed a trend with the airlines re when they have their specials. For October, they will start the air fare sales right after Labor Day, in September. The prices are usually good for travel from Sept. through end of November. Probably wont be for much more than what you would find now.
Hope that helps.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:51 AM
jhm

Please let me know where you have found good R/T airfare to Spain. Thanks.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 08:07 AM
nancy

also does anyone know when the spring fares will go on sale for spain

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 11:04 AM
Renee

I don't know what city you would be flying out of for travel to Spain, but SpanAir is big on giving good discounts.

I flew to Spain on United years ago, but I don't know whether United still has that route.
Also, Lufthansa is pretty good with connecting people from the U.S. to other destinations in Europe, and of course British Airways has tons of flights to Spain, connecting through London.

The Spring fares to Europe, ususally go on sale sometime in March, for travel from April until the end of May.

Currently, a lot of the airlines are having sales to Europe, as long as you return by March 31. Typical fare is about $450 or so. But the deadline to purchase tickets may have been Jan 31.