Search

Best of.......

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of.......

Going to Italy on June 25th for 10 nights. Staying for 4 nights in Rome, 3 nights in Florence, and 3 nights in Venice. What are the best of all in these cities< ie, restaurants, sights, tours, etc.? We are doing Romecabs.com with Stefano in Rome and a tour with Francesca in Florence.
Thanks, Singer
Old May 5th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is an impossible question to answer because the "best of" depends very much on you, and your personal likes and dislikes.

The Uffizi and Accadamia art galleries are renowned throughout the world, but if you are not interested in renaissance art, then they may be a waste of time to you.

Good restaurants depend on what you like to eat, and as importantly, what you wish to budget for meals.

The best course of action you could take is to look at a few guidebooks, then come back and ask more specific questions. There are sets of guides around entitled "Top Ten Florence/Venice/Rome etc" (one per city). You might find these very useful.
Old May 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM

You might want to take a look at the Fodor's Top 10 books for these cities. I've used their book for other cities and found some excellent ideas - including things I hadn't learned about here or in other guide books. Or look at the destinations tab above for some ideas.

I agree with willit, "best of" is pretty subjective. That said, going to the Piazza Michelangelo for the view of Florence was one of my top 10 things I did there.
Old May 5th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

I got Fodors Top 25things to do in Rome, Florence and Venice. We are very interested in museums, art etc., and also great cuisine. I thought there might be something that was not noted in these books. Also, does any one know the cost of a privete water taxi from the airport in Venice? Thanks, Singer
Old May 5th, 2007, 07:10 PM

A water taxi from the airport to Venice will probably cost around 85-90 Euro.

As to the rest of your question, aside from the usual great things to see in each city, one of my favorite things in Rome is: After dinner, go to one of the cafes on the Piazza Navona and order a Limoncello (and a dessert if you're still hungry). While you sip that, enjoy the fountains, the people-watching, the artists, and the performers. A perfect way to end the day.
Old May 5th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely take your advice on the Limoncello on the Piazza Navona. Also thanks for the info on the water taxi. Singer