Reload this Page >

best neighborhod apartment rental

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Carol

What is the best arrondissement to rent an apartment where we can get the feel of parisian life? We found a great places in the 15th, 1st and 6th. We are looking for an experience beyond tourism.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:25 AM
zeev

Hi, If you'll be in Paris March 9-16 , 2002,<BR>I have a sleep-4 suite in a very nice hotel,<BR>in a very nice area of Paris with free parking under the hotel .<BR>Please email me .<BR>Thank you<BR>Zeev<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:24 AM
Harriett

Just back from a much-too-quick five days in Paris. We rented a large, beautifully furnished efficiency on Ile St Louis in the 4th - within a five-minute walk of Notre Dame, the Marais, Latin Quarter/St Germaine and several Metro stations. This is the second time we've rented from ParisSleeps (www.Paris-Sleeps.com); I especially like this company because EVERYTHING is included in the rental, with no security deposit or added charges for electricity, phone, linens, as some companies do. The apartment we used in 1999 was in the Latin Quarter, and is somewhat larger than the one on Ile St Louis. Email me if you need more info.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:08 PM
xxxxxxxx

Any other ideas?

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Christina

Of those choices, I'd say the 15th, depending on exactly what kind of Parisian life you want. The 6th is an expensive, trendy area, the 15th is average middle class. It is definitely more everyday life and beyond tourism. the first is the site of major tourism and govt buildings like the Louvre, but also some expensive shopping and hotel areas like Place Vendome; not so nice shopping etc areas around the Forum des Halles. I wouldn't stay there myself, I'd pick 15th or 6th. There are many other area of Paris, of course, where you can get a feel for regular life, but it sounds like you haven't ever been there before. Do you know French? It won't be as easy to get by in the outer arrondisements if you don't know some French. I'm not saying anything dire will happen, you just won't likely find store clerks who speak English as much, etc. I like the Menilmontant area of Paris in the NE, it's very nontouristy and colorful.