Reload this Page >

10 days in Barcelona - too much ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Tania

I plan to stay 10 days in Barcelona in the beg.of March - I will be coming from 2 days in Madrid. Do you think is too many days to stay in Barcelona ? Should I do a 1/2 day visit to any other part of Spain ? (I am a 33 sgl woman from Brazil). Any suggestion would be great !

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 11:53 AM
David

I was in Barcelona for 5 days in Sept. 99. I could have stayed, easily, twice as long. <BR><BR>I am a tourist at heart. When I finally make it to a big city, I take several days to do all the tourist things. But after that, the next days are the ones I really enjoy. When I get to stroll down the rambla, or sit in a cafe and people watch for an afternoon.<BR><BR>If you break away from Barcelona, you might head a short distance south to Tarragona. It is a beautiful seaside town. Great church, excellent food and big enough for some night life too.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Tanja

Hi, I just came from Barcelona couple weeks ago and I stayed there for 10 days. For me it was a bit too long time, a week would have been enough. I was out every night and still I saw (at least I think so) the 'this you must see- sights' even though I always woke up at 3pm. So if you're only going there to see the town and going to have 'a calm' visit, I'd say 10 days is too long. Although the city is great.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Tanja

Hi, I just came from Barcelona couple weeks ago and I stayed there for 10 days. For me it was a bit too long time, a week would have been enough. I was out every night and still I saw (at least I think so) the 'this you must see- sights' even though I always woke up at 3pm. So if you're only going there to see the town and going to have 'a calm' visit, I'd say 10 days is too long. Although the city is great.<BR><BR>Tanja, Finland

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Davidx

You could also get up to Ripoll and Nuria on a day trip or to the monastery at Poblet or - - I will try to e-mail you some folders.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 01:08 PM
graziella

No.<BR>It is a very interesting place with wonderful one day visits nearby , do not miss Gerona. A lovely medieval meddium size city. Buena suerte