Best hotel in Italy

Search

Best hotel in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best hotel in Italy

Could anybody please tell me a great hotel in Florence Italy? I would dearly love something with a large shower, robes and perhaps offers massage and yoga classes. I am going in April. Thanks so so much!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:59 PM

Grand Hotel Villa Medici, Hotel Savoy, Hotel Regency, Plaza Lucchesi Hotel(A Summit Hotel) are all 5 star hotels that would have the robe and slippers etc....But I have yet to find a hotel that offers massage or yoga...

I spent a few days of my honeymoon in Florence after being married in Fiesole and was looking for a 5 star hotel that offered spa services such as massage but was remiss in finding any....

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:04 PM

The Fenice Palace. Hands down. It's in a fantastic location, is luxurious but not ridiculously expensive, and has the best breakfast and breakfast room you've ever seen!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:08 PM

Jess-- Le Sirenuse in Positano has a full spa!! I'm not sure about Palazzo Sasso... but I got Matthew for massages LOL ;-)
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:11 PM

Lori - Wish I could have found that in Florence!!! I was a nervous wreck and needed a massage! lol!

Enjoy Le Sirenuse...and the SPA!!!!!

Even Ben...AMAZING BEN...coudn't arrange it for me!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM

Jess -- did i tell you?? we switched to Palazzo Sasso! We are staying for 2 nights. I'm SO EXCITED! That is where the fabulous Renato is driving us!!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:15 PM

Lori - that's great!!!! I am so jealous (but you already know that!)
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:16 PM

are we slowly taking over this board? hahah ;-)
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:17 PM

I think so! as you can tell...my home computer is much more efficient that the work!!!
Do you think they block me?
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:21 PM

hm i have no idea! did you notice your connection was off today on other sites? try again tomorrow... if they block you, i'd quit and find a new job! hee hee

(you have to check out my LIW BHB post on e-ring manhandlers LOL)
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:24 PM

no - connection fine, and i only have the problem on this site...3 days in a row now! SO ANNOYING!!

Jumping over to LIW to look at your post!
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 08:30 AM
ira

Hi muffin,

You might want to consider the Vila San Michele.

http://www.villasanmichele.com/web/o...a1a_splash.jsp
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:19 AM

The Grand Hotel Villa Medici has a fitness centre with a sauna and hamman (Turkish steam bath). That might be the closest you can get to a spa. Take a look at lhw.com for luxury hotel options in Florence. All these hotels are a member of Leading hotels of the World, generally an indication of excellent quality and services. I believe all these hotels would have robes. I would be very surprised if the concierge at one of these hotels could not find you a masseuse to come to your room for a massage.

The Villa La Massa, which is a sister hotel to the fabulous Villa d'este in Como, may have a spa. Their website seems to indicate it is under construction, but I would check with the hotel. I believe it is a new hotel opening this March. I have not been there, and it is a member of Relais & Châteaux which IMO is one step below Leading Hotels of the World (of which Villa d'este is a member). However, the spa at Villa D'este is excellent, so if they have the same spa concept for La Massa, it is worth exploring. Also, if it is brand new, then then it may have all the bells and whistles you want. Take a look at http://www.villalamassa.com. It appears to be outside Florence proper.
Yoga is not really a craze here, you might find classes by doing a search on the web, but sites are likely to be in Italian.