Search

Best Fares.Com?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 08:41 AM
rima

Best Fares.Com?

Good/bad experiences with Bestfares.com?<BR>Do they only use a Swiss airline for their European trips?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Tim C.

We are flying US Air to Rome and out of Paris in mid-late March. The price is right and no problems with Bestfares.com yet. Have fun. Tim

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 07:00 AM
steve

Have used them alot with no problems. My two times to Europe, it was on TWA

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:31 PM
x

Is there a catch with Best Fares? Are the tickets non-refundable? Do you earn ff miles? Does anything else besides the price distinguish them from buying tickets directly from the airlines? Thanks

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Book Chick

Dear x,<BR>They are basically functioning as a consolidator and deal with a number of airlines, so sometimes you will realize an advantage by using them, sometimes not.<BR><BR>Tickets aren't non-refundable per se, but there is a charge if you change your travel plans. (I'm scheduled to leave for Rome a week from today, but my mother is rather seriously ill, so I may be changing my plans. Luckily, I purchased flight insurance!)<BR><BR>Happy Travels,<BR>BC

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Barb

Book Chick: Most travel insurance policies will cover your trip only if yourself or your traveling companion is too ill to take the trip, not if you cancel because of the illness of another family member not traveling with you.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:38 AM
bill

We did fine with Bestfares.com for our trip to Germany last year. We'd spent many many hours chasing &quot;deals&quot; on the internet and by 800# with no results, then tried Bestfares and had tickets within an hour. The membership is refundable if you don't buy within 30 days, so it's worth a shot. Note that the best deals they list sell out very quickly.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:46 AM
John H

Rima,<BR><BR>Best fares is great for US travel if you book less than 7 days in advance. (Best fares usually has discount tickets available with only 3-day advance purchase requirements). Internationally, they seem to have some good sales but, as others have said, they do sell out quickly. I have not flown a trip of theirs, so do not know if they earn FF miles or not. <BR><BR>What I do know is that the phone lines/customer service at best fares is horrible. Easily expect to be on hold up to an hour if you plan on calling them to purchase any tickets. (Hopefully, u have a speaker phone or headset and do something else while waiting for them to answer).<BR><BR>Happy travels.<BR><BR>John H.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:53 AM
Sandy

If you do a search, you'll find many posts that are negative . . . mine is one of them.<BR><BR>I bought 2 tickets to San Jose, Costa Rica and they sent me 2 tickets to San Jose, California . . . would do nothing to correct their error, after many months, I had to protest the charges with Visa.<BR><BR>No customer service!

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 06:20 AM
pip

Bought tickets to Amsterdam in May, flying on Delta. Found it to be easier to deal with airline after booking tickets through bestfares.com

Old Jan 16th, 2004, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just about to post a question about bestfares.com, decided to do a search. Glad I did. I was about to plop down my $60 without doing any research which is SOOOOOOOOOO unlike me. I have to admit I am OCD when it comes to bargain fares. The prices they show on a trip I need to book right now are incredible, but I wonder if it is one of those &quot;if it looks too good to be true, it probably is&quot; situations.

Has anyone used them in the last 3 months who would like to comment on their experience? Appreciate it.

Old Jan 24th, 2004, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use the &quot;Snooze You Lose&quot; section for price checking, but don't buy your tickets there. Buy a membership, you'll get a phone number they are very slow in answering... all reservation done over phone, so if you have a problem, you may well be out of luck. I've had to rebook twice and my tickets are still messed up... chances are, I'll be filing with FTC and a chargeback with my credit card company, PLUS having to buy the tickets elsewhere. Try Southwest.