Reload this Page >

Best English Breakfast in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 06:47 PM
Fred

Where should I go to get the best traditional English breakfast in London? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 06:49 AM
lisa

all the english breakfasts are going to be basically the same..eggs.toast..tomatoes..mushrooms...coffee..te a..some places might include beans as well...really hard to screw up any of those things!! <BR>in most cases.. it will be included in your hotel stay..

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 07:46 AM
Patrick

We just went through a big series about this recently, but my answer is still: <BR>Simpson's in the Strand for a wonderful upscale and delicious full English breakfast.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 02:43 PM
Al

To each his own. But, IMHO, the term English breakfast is an oxymoron, something like giant shrimp or military intelligence. English breakfasts consist of greasy eggs, cold toast (they even put it in a silvery gadget to cool it!), ersatz coffee, strange-looking sugar (it's tan). Great stuff: English orange marmalade. Awful stuff: Marmite on toast points. Just awful!

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 02:46 AM
david west

The Best (bar none ) is to be had at the fox and anchor pub in smithfield meat market (farringdon tube and railway station). Apart from the obvious access to great meat etc, the pub has a market licence (ie it opens from about 5 in the moring to about 11 in the morning.) <BR> <BR>If you're going to do this you should do it properly and have the full breakfast, which despite the above nutter's comments is fabulous. HAve either a pint of bitter or a bucks fizz to wash it down. <BR> <BR>Oh and before you ask, no I am not a raving alcoholic, but someone who used to work regular nights, as are the majority of the customers.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 02:47 AM
ds

t

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 04:35 AM
Fred

Many thanks to all of you for your thoughtful suggestions.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 05:30 AM
Patrick

And thank you, David. Will be at the fox and anchor next trip. I love a good English breakfast, and that one sounds fun. I always seem to end up at the Smithfield area on Sunday when everything is closed. This calls for a special trip.