My younger sister graduates high school this year, and I'm trying to convince my mother to let me take her to Europe for a week or two in mid June/early July. I'm trying to keep this inexpensive as possible, because although my mother and I would both be contributing I don't want to burden her or put her in an awkward position and I myself am a college student, so I'm not exactly rolling in dough.
So I want to start looking at flights and hotels ASAP, because I want to get the best deal possible.
Some more background: We live in New York City, and although I am a total city person my sister is a bit more of a country person, so I'm trying to find something that's the best of both. We both enjoy the beach however.
We are of Greek and Irish ancestry, and haven't been to either-actually, we haven't even left the country yet. So those are both viable options.
Regrettably, we both really only speak English, although she took Spanish for three years in high school and is pretty good at it. I took French all four years of high school, and while I'm nowhere near fluent I can hold a conversation (I'm taking Latin now, which I do not think will help me). We both know a tiny bit of Greek, but not very much.
I asked her how she felt about Italy, and she said it sounded nice, so originally we were going to go with that, but I'm fearful it'll be too expensive.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 समर्थन OUTLOOK 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset contact Tec*h care
- 2 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 9 2 week May trip with kids
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 13 Rail vs. Plane
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 Self Drive UK tour
- 18 Where to See Flamenco
- 19 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Airport Transfer
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 5 nights in Spain, need help!