Best deal/best trip

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Jennifer Drew

Best deal/best trip

I am trying to convince my mother to take a trip next year.Of course, I have volunteered to go with her. I'm not sure she's the layin on the beach type. Can anyone suggest a warm climate that would offer quaint shopping, beautiful scenery and sightseeing at a cost that won't break us? Thanks.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Rex

Portugal and Spain. What month are you thinking to go?<BR><BR>A small group tour (not with a company) could be a good match for what you are seeking - - linking from other visitors to this site, but still having many of the advantages of traveling independently.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex Bickers<BR>Westerville, Ohio<BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:17 AM
oxo

Two years ago I took Grand Circle Travel to Costa del Sol. Inexpensive and very enjoyable.<BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Jennifer Drew

Thanks for the speedy reply! We're not sure-maybe you can suggest the best time for this area? I'm starting at ground level as far as information goes-so, if you could give some basics such as where to stay,tours,points of interest or other tips, that would be great. Also-what's the aproximate cost?

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Jennifer Drew

Hi-in regards to the Costal Del Sol reply-where exactly is that and can you describe what it's like? Cost and attractions would be great-thanks!

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Rex

&lt;&lt;maybe you can suggest the best time for this area?&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I don't think there is any universal best time - - no one size fits all. Nov-MArch will cut airfare in half - - maybe even 70-80% off, compared to peak summer. If you want "TRUE" warm (80 degrees F day time high), it will need to be April or after or before Nov 1. And of course, the further south, the closer coastal, the warmer it will be.<BR><BR>Not everyone can go during any old month. Are you looking for ore specific suggestions on how such a small group trip might be assembled? Have either of you traveled to Europe before? (Only relevant to how much encouragement/help you might need to plan/organize/lead it). One of the best features is that you can make the decisions generally fit exactly what you need -- budget-wise, destinations, schedule-wise, etc.<BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 12:07 PM
oxo

Look at Grand Circle's web site: http://www.grandcircletravel.com<BR>It gives you all the info you need.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 01:38 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 03:29 PM
olga

<BR>In Costa del Sol -Central Southern spanish coast- and the Algarve in Portugal -South coast- avoid july and August.<BR>That´s when spaniards and portuguese take their annual vacation escaping the heat and everything is crowded. I mean you don´t have room at the beach to set your towel on. Also, prices pretty much double. <BR>My favourite times are late May and September, specially the 2nd. half. It´s still very warm,only crowded on weekends and even then not half as much as in the summer.<BR>Also, it won´t be as hot when you are touring the inland cities like Seville, Granada, Ronda or Cordoba.<BR>