Reload this Page >

Best Cup of Coffee

Search

Best Cup of Coffee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:36 PM
David Connor

Best Cup of Coffee

In your opinion,where in Europe does an inveterate coffee drinker find the best cup of coffee.Any suggestions appreciated.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:55 PM
xx

Europeans do not make a good cup of coffee. A burnt, molassas like goo is referred to as coffee. However, it is in such concentration as to be almost lethal for human consumption. Originally, a european serving was meant to serve 10-12 people.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:59 PM
steve

Go back to your hole XX<BR><BR>I prefer Any European coffee to what I have access to in the states. I always load up when in Europe and pack my bags full when returning.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:00 PM
gac

Caffe del Professore, Piazza Trento e Trieste, Napoli.<BR><BR>Caffe Eustachio in Rome

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Snoopy

Practically anywhere in Denmark. I'm guessing xx has never been to Europe.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Kjulie

XX,<BR><BR>Your opinion of how to drink coffee is probably why the hotel that I stayed in served &quot;American&quot; coffee with breakfast. It was nothing more than dirty water and I couldn't wait to get to a cafe where they would serve me &quot;real&quot; coffee.<BR><BR>David,<BR>If you like strong coffee, similar to expresso, then you should love just about any coffee you get in Europe. Otherwise, you should plan on asking for some hot water to dilute your coffee.<BR><BR>Personally, I like my spoon to be able to stand up in my coffee.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:49 PM
pierre

I can't recommend specific places, but I will say Italy and Spain were my favorite countries for coffee. Cappuccinos and cafe con leches are great. So are cortados in Spain. I've had great cups o'joe in Germany not so much in England and France.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Ron

You can get a pretty good cup of joe in Vienna.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:03 PM
lizbeth

Portugal and Spain make, respectively the delicious &quot;garoto&quot; and &quot;cortado&quot; - like an espresso shot with a bit of steamed milk mixed in - I liked it when it was served in a shot glass.<BR><BR>In Vienna my coffee drinks of choice were a grosser brauner, a large strong coffee with a little steamed milk, and the sinfully wonderful einspanner - strong, dark coffeee topped with a cap of whipped cream just seething with butterfat! Oh, and at night - whatever they call that coffee drink that's served with a tot of rum on the side - now that's a civilized late-night beverage.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Grinisa

Tazza de Oro, Rome, about a half a block away from the Pantheon. Cafe San Eustacio also excellent although they tend to pre sweeten the coffee before giving it to you.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 01:20 PM
xxx

There are Starbucks all over the place now. No worries.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 01:23 PM
xxxx

Ah yes, a nice coffee in the morning at Starbuck's, lunch at MacDonalds, and then alternate between Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut for dinner. That's enjoying Europe at its finest. Oh, if they only had Red Lobster and Olive Garden -- then it would be perfection, right xx?

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 01:27 PM
xxx

Nah, if they had In-n-Out Burger, then it would be perfection.