Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best car service Naples -->Amalfi ( with stop in pompeii )

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2023, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi There,

I am working out the details of my honeymoon for early September 2024 in Italy. I will be hiring a car service to take us from our hotel in Naples to our airbnb on the Amalfi Coast ( more specifically Praiano ) I would like to have a stop in Pompeii along the way. There seems like dozens of car service companies that do this but I guess Id like any specific suggestions about companies that you all suggest or have had good experiences with in the past. Ideally Id like the car to be a nice sedan ( mercedes etc. ) with a very friendly driver and the ability to do a 2 hour stop in Pompeii on the drive from Naples to Praiano.

Price isn't really a concern ( within reason ) as Id rather pay for a service I know is excellent and I am getting what I want and comes highly recommended.

Please let me know any suggestions you all may have for car service companies you have had great experiences with.

Thank You

Old Dec 27th, 2023, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We used Fabrizio at www.amalfi-drive.com.

He picked us up at our hotel in Naples, we stopped in Pompeii, then on to our hotel in Ravello. I think I got the recommendation from this forum. We liked Fabrizio and had zero complaints. We asked for three hours at Pompeii and could have used longer. Then once we got to our hotel in Ravello and our room with its garden terrace and to-die-for views, we didn't care anymore!
Old Dec 28th, 2023, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Leely2. I just looked them up and you are right, they seem very good. better than other services I have read about. I don't see one bad review. Thank you for this suggestion. I am going to book with them