Search

Best buy option for Jungfrau pass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best buy option for Jungfrau pass

Hi All,
I am planning a four day trip to Jungfrau region. I am a bit confused between BO pass or Jungfrau VIP pass. Also, wanted to know buying options. I prefer to buy physical pass instead of voucher and redeem the voucher at station (Basically I do not want to try my luck)

Please help me in buying options..
Thanks in advance for your help.

Bhavin.
Old Sep 12th, 2015, 04:52 AM

You can buy either pass at any train station in the areas covered - no need to advance purchase just show up and buy.

BO pass covers a much wider area but does not give as much coverage- full coverage I believe in the Jungfrau Area - if going to Bern or Lucerne then the BO pass may be better - if not the Jungfrau Pass may be better - each one is fairly pricey so you must be doing some expensive train trips or gondola rides.

For lots of info on Swiss trains and pass check www.swisstravelsystem.com; www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.

If going to other areas of Switzerland the Swiss Pass may be best and covers many things in the Jungfrau Region and BO.
Old Sep 12th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Hi PalenQ,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am planning to buy Jungfrau VIP pass.
I checked on www.myswissalps.com, ACP rail offer inexpensive price for that pass.

But I do not know the price if I buy the pass at railway station.

Could you guide me on the same..

Regards,
Bhavin
Old Sep 14th, 2015, 08:25 AM

The Jungfrau VIP Pass (270 USD)is hardly a bargain as people will have to pay full fare from the airport/border to Interlaken (or from Muerren to Schilthorn) and half fare from Wengen/Grindelwald to Maennlichen.
Old Sep 14th, 2015, 08:52 AM

Am doing the same trip - research (and help here) pointed me to a Swiss Transfer (which covers border to destination and destination back to any border), and includes a "half fare card" that gives half fare on any fun train travel while you're there. Total was $222 pp.
Old Sep 14th, 2015, 10:07 AM

But I do not know the price if I buy the pass at railway station.>

Get the local price for the Jungfrau VIP pass online - ACP may have a mailing fee too if not an e-ticket. But yes check the Swiss Transfer ticket as perhaps being an overall cheaper option unless taking just about every conveyance covered by the Jungfraubahn VIP pass - it could be your best deal - see joan's post above. $222 and she got a trip from any airport or border point to anyplace in Switzerland and then out to any airport or border station and then you get half-off everything for the days in between - even the pricey Jungfraubahn. If you want to talk to someone expert who sells those passes (and is an agent of ACP Rail too) call Byron at www.budgeteuropetravel.com - I've bought various passes from him for years and he will answer all your questions even if not buying IME).
Old Sep 17th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you guys for your reply. I agree with neckervd that it is hardly a bargain. Also as Koen suggested 'half face card' is good option of you really staying long in Switzerland and travelling a lot. But in my case, I would like to have a small trip near to Interlaken and want to cover Jungfraujoch.
Thanks PalenQ, I will go through the website and try to figure out the best option..
Old Sep 17th, 2015, 08:57 AM

The Swiss Transfer Ticket may be your best option along with the half-off Half-Off Card you can buy with the Swiss Transfer Ticket. I believe this ticket is not sold in Switzerland but not sure. Take any train from any border or airport to anyplace in Switzerland - like Murren and then one back to any airport or border point. joan's post tells what she paid for it.
Old Sep 18th, 2015, 01:46 AM

Palen is right: neither the Swiss Transfer ticket nor the add on Swiss Half Fare Card Combi can be bought within Switzerland