Best bet for a relaxing beach vaca: Nerja vs Estepona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there! My friend and I are going to be touring around Andalucia, and after checking out Sevilla, Cordoba & Granada, we plan on spending 4 or so days relaxing on the Costa Del Sol. We wish to avoid the large package vacation spots such as Torremolinos or Marbella, wishing to instead just chill out somewhere more sparsely-populated and laid back, but somewhere that still has a nice beach and a vibrant enough night life. We've narrowed down our options to two locations: Nerja and Estepona. What are your thoughts on these two towns? Is there one place you'd recommend over the other? Would you say one is much more expensive than the other? Or, is there some other place you feel outshines both these towns? I really appreciate your input and discussion!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 04:30 PM

I've been to both, and of these two, I'd say Nerja. If you were just interested in a beautiful beach without the nightlife, I'd recommend the beach a Zahora near the wonderful white village of Vejer de la Frontera, but it was very quiet and I doubt if there's much nightlife.

Tarifa might be another possibility, but I believe it's very windy there (but if you like wind-sailing, it's supposed to be the place for it).

But Nerja is very nice and the caves are amazing. Apparently there are even concerts in the caves at times--I'm not sure when, but that would be awesome.

Also, if you decide on Nerja, the white village of Frigiliana is minutes away and is wonderful.

Make sure to catch the flamenco show at Los Gallos in Sevilla.

Have a great trip!
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback...Nerja it is. Just booked 3 nights at the Hostel Marissal right near the Balcona.