Reload this Page >

Best beaches in Europe during June

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2000, 04:15 AM
derek

I am looking for a 5-day sun and sand vacation in Europe during June. I speak English and a little French. I am not worried about being on a crowded beach with other tourists, but I do want to pay reasonable prices.

Old May 8th, 2000, 10:11 AM
elvira

Argeles-sur-Mer, France <BR>Malta <BR>Elba <BR>Naxos or Paros, Greece <BR>Corsica

Old May 8th, 2000, 02:11 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Derek, Beaches are not the reason to <BR>visit Europe. You will find the water <BR>cold and many of the beaches rather rocky. There are exceptions, but not to the water temp. If you want beaches, <BR>try Panama City FL---if you want culture <BR>and history, try Europe. Some of the Greek Isles can be tolerable.

Old May 8th, 2000, 02:25 PM
elvira

Bob, sssshhhh, you're blowing it. We get Derek to Malta, he gets bored, starts looking around, visits an ancient site or two...and he's hooked. Come on, Bob, play along, follow my lead....we'll get that boy immersed in cultcha whether he wants to or not.

Old May 10th, 2000, 04:54 PM
crib

With only five days you should go based on your gateway city: <BR> <BR>Greece: Southwest Crete, Paleohora Village. Sandy beach in town and beautiful rocky coves 45 mins. walk out of town. Also Naxos. <BR> <BR>Portugal: Algarve, Sagres, sandy beach below cliffs, mellow backpackers' town.

Old May 10th, 2000, 06:34 PM
Joanna

How about Sicily? There are beaches around Taormina and also the Aeolian Islands have great beaches. Vulcano has a black sand beach and mud pools for you to wallow in. You can catch the hydrofoil or ferry to the other islands such as Lipari and Stromboli.