Reload this Page >

Day trip to Germany from Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2000, 05:12 AM
Ross

Hello! <BR> <BR>Could anyone recommend a place to visit in Germany for the day that isn't too far from Amsterdam? Preferably close to the Dutch-German border so as not to have to travel a great distance. I've never been to Germany before, so perhaps a small, interesting city to give me the flavor of what Germany is like. <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance. <BR>Ross.

Old May 10th, 2000, 05:53 AM
Sjoerd

Kleve is a small, nice town right at the Dutch-German border near Nijmegen. About 2 hours by car from Amsterdam. <BR>Alternatively, go to Dusseldorf (shopping!) or Cologne (Dom!), about 3 hours by car from Amsterdam. <BR>Aachen is a neat town as well, and worth the trip. (3 hours by car from Amsterdam, and not far from Maastricht, which is worth a trip as well)

Old May 10th, 2000, 07:41 PM
Rex

Not so much a recommendation of a place to see as a place to stay - - ParkHotel Wasserburg-Anholt. About two hours from A-dam on the Arnhem-duisburg road. A wonderful castle with a real moat and everything.