Best accommodation in Venice?

Sep 10th, 2000, 07:49 AM
julianne

Best accommodation in Venice?

Hi

Going to Venice on a 'girly' weekend in March. Approx. 6 of us with an age range of 30-70!!!!!!!!!!!!

We would like recommendations for wonderful, but not mega-plush. For example, 3***, but accommodation that has something different to offer and of course that is ideally located!

Your help is really appreciated.

Sep 10th, 2000, 11:16 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Julianne
If you surf into www.veniceinfo.com, you
will find a most complete listing of hotels in Venice. There are three, 3
star hotels all within ten minutes walk
to the Pza S. Marco.
They are the ALA, DO POZZI and the KETTE
have stayed at the first two a number
of times but have only read good reviews
of the Kette recently. Personally would suggest the ALA in the Pza. S. Maria del Giglio, it also had a very
good ristorane next door, the Giglio.
The hotel is very short distance from
the vaporetto stop the same name as the Pzza. If you want a list of ristorantes which we have used over the
years drop me an e mail and will respond
promptly. Richard of La Grange Park, IL

Sep 10th, 2000, 11:38 AM
penny

we stayed at the hotel ala on our one trip to venice. it was beautifully located. you could take the water bus to within a few yards of the hotel so we were able to easily carry our luggage. st. marks was only a short walk away. we also found a reasonably priced small restautant very close by. i would recommend the ala.

Sep 10th, 2000, 02:27 PM
sandi

Julianne,

Try looking at www.venere.it, they have a great selection of hotels in all price ranges w/ links to all their websites...I'll be there next month for the 1st time...have fun.

Sep 10th, 2000, 02:54 PM
Me

I highly recommend the Kette. We will be staying there for the 4th time later this month. Good location, lovely rooms with marble baths, beautiful lobby, great staff, ample breakfast included. You'll feel pampered without paying extravagant prices. Have a great trip!

Sep 12th, 2000, 10:09 AM
julianne

Thank you all so much for your advice - I will check out all your recommendations.

Sep 12th, 2000, 04:28 PM
Leo

Before my trip, I couldn't find anything about the Hotel Ala and here is 4 recommendations in a row!! Just my two cents worth, the Ala is a nice, reasonable hotel, great location, 100 yards frim Vaperetto #82 stop, minutes from St Marks and restraunts of all price ranges to be had.
Is it the "best"?? Doubt that but I found it a good value for my money.