Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best $150-200 hotels in Rome near Pantheon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Cynthia

I have heard the Forum Hotel is nice...any other suggestions?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 05:53 AM
sandi

You might try www.venere.com, choose Rome, then look at the map. It'll show you hotels in every part of the city with links to their websites that include costs. I also did a search on "hotels near pantheon" and got many "hits". You might try that.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 06:02 AM
amy

We had good luck with the Santa Chiara. Our room arrangement cost more than $200, but we were renting one of the apartment style rooms. It backs up to the Pantheon--so much so that from our terrace we could practically touch it.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 07:55 AM
nancy

Del Senato!<BR>Prices have gone up some ,<BR>so it will be at top range for you.<BR>do a text search here,<BR>type in del senato, <BR>wait for what seems like forever, and it will pull up many postings.<BR>Rex is also another fan of this hotel,<BR>and justly so!

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:01 AM
ricahrd j vicek

Good morning, Cynthia<BR>The Hotel ABRUZZI, is located in the Pza<BR>della Rotonda is a one star hotel with<BR>25 rooms. (have not stayed at any of these hotels, they are within the location you are looking for)<BR>The Hotel MIMOSA, via di Santa Chiara, 61, is a one star hotel with 11 rooms<BR>and located a block south of the Rotunda<BR>across from the HOTEL SANTA CHIARA, which is a three star hotel with 97 rooms. Would think the Santa Chiara<BR>would be the best bet especially for<BR>comfort during the warm months as not<BR>suire the one star hotel have air conditioning, which is a must in Rome<BR>during the warm months... The HOTEL<BR>FORUM, Via tor de Conti, 25 is an excellant 5 star hotel with 76 rooms.<BR>Have stayed here once back in the early<BR>80's Had an excellant roof top dining<BR>room, staff and rooms were excellant, however it is not located within reasonable walking distances for Rome sightseeing other than the Roman Forum and the Colosseo and the Campidoglio...<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:19 AM
ellen

I enjoyed the Albergo Cesari, just a couple blocks from the Pantheon. It was $100 for a single so I assume a double would be in your range.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Vincenzo

Dear Cynthia, when I go to Rome and I need to stay at the centre of the city, I go to Hotel Regno at Via del Corso, nearby Pantheon. <BR>It's the good address, I suppose: rooms very comfortable and people very kind; rich the breakfast.<BR>Rate is about 170$.<BR>Ciao.<BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 04:21 AM
sera

Amy: Could you describe the "apartment-style" room at the Santa Chiara and about how much a night it cost? Thanks!

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 05:36 AM
amy

The appartment style room with terrace cost $318. It was strange, though, in that it had a kitchen which we couldn't use--it was locked. When we asked about it, the bellboy shrugged, shook his head and rattled something off in rapid Italian. The front desk gave the same reaction. Heck, I wasn't cooking (we were in Italy! Why cook?) anyway, so we let it go. Ironically, the very same thing happened to the family from whom I received the hotel room reference. <BR><BR>Although my girls could have stayed in the room with us--the living area had those chairs that convert into beds--we got them a double across the hall for $173. It wasn't a good room (fine if they were coming over to our room to hang out, though), and I think you can get a very nice double on one of the lower floors for around $180.<BR><BR>The hotel staff is not what you would call "warm and fuzzy"-but the location was wonderful, our rooms were quite clean, and the breakfast was certainly adequate for Italy (it's not their thing).<BR><BR>Email them at [email protected].

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 11:25 AM
zouaggie

I agree with Ellen. Loved Cesari. Great location and very classy. <BR><BR>Decent price for a double during the high season last year, around $200.<BR><BR>I can't tell you enough how much I loved it and I booked it online through www.travel-italy.com

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 03:14 AM
Sally

We just booked the Hotel San Pio which is a "rave" hotel on Fodors and seems to be reasonable and centrally located. Anyone else familiar with it?They respond asap to emails and have a website. Sally

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Gaye

We will be staying at the Due Torri in June for $176/double. Very central location and within walking distance of everything. I have read many positive reviews of this hotel and they were very quick to respond to my e-mail.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 12:50 PM
steve

The Santa Chiara is extremely well-located. Our room was plain but comfortable and the bathroom was large and modern. I saw a couple of other rooms and they looked about the same. I think we paid around 165USD in October. The staff was helpful to us in making restaurant reservations, giving directions etc. I would stay there again.