Berchtesgaden/Ramsau and the Soleleitungsweg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read several things about a wonderful walking trail/hike callled the Soleleitungsweg, but where is it? Is it circular? Where does it begin?
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM

Get out your German dictionary, then click http://www.berchtesgadeninfo.de/de/a...itungsweg.html

It tells you all about the Soleleitungsweg which is a hiking path along the old salt pipeline from the Ramsau near B'gdn to Bad Reichenhall. It is indeed a lovely walk, very scenic and nice and gentle (the saltwater ran kind of slowly through the wooden pipes, which you still can see in places) Unfortunetaley, I couldn't find an English language write-up. In have many fond memories of the Soleleitungsweg, from the time I was a kid and my family spent the summers in B 'gdn
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 06:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.berchtesgadener-land.com/...ngsweg-ramsau/
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM

Hi, you can begin this walk from a pub called the Zipfhausl which is located above the village of Ramsau in Berchtesgadener Land. Beside this pub is a sign that leads you along the 'salt walk' to the next stop which is a pub called the 'Gerstreit'. The views from here (and along the way) are stunning if the weather is right. After the Gerstreit keep walking a few kilometres to the 'Soldenkopfl'. Again this place, like the Gerstreit, has a beautiful balcony with a great view of the 'Grünstein' and Berchtesgadener Land. In winter you can take one of the sleds at the back door and sled most of the way back down to the road that runs between Berchtesgaden and Ramsau. With clear skies this is a wonderful walk in any season but I would say that in cloudy or foggy weather the essence of what makes this walk great is definitely missing. For more information try www.ramsau.de.
I have done this walk on several occasions and can highly recommend it. I hope this information was of help. Regards, Mick.
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM

Also as it follows the old Salt Pipeline it is linear rather than circular. The part of the walk that I have described is up above the village of Ramsau about 10km outside the town of Berchtesgaden which is located in Betchtesgadener Land in Oberbayern.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, it looks like I never got back to you after your help.

We leave in a few weeks so I've been looking at my "itinerary" and checked back into this post and your suggestions.

On the one web page it says "Many Inns await us at the track. Ilsank of a RVO bus takes us back comfortably in Ramsau. Or we walk further to Berchtesgaden "

How long of a walk is it into Bechtesgaden? Anyone done it, is it also worthwhile to continue on to Berchtesgaden?

And is this a typo or translation error, what does this mean? "Ilsank of a RVO bus"
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 04:39 AM

"Ilsank" is the hamlet where you finish the walk. The actual bus stop is named "Engedey", if I remember correctly. Walking back to Berchtesgaden proper is not recommend, more than a half hour on the main road (B 305).
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Ingo. How much longer is it to Berchtesgaden from the "Engedey" bus stop?

We are staying at Wanderhotel Rehlegg in Ramsau. So, we will start at the Pub "Zipfhausl"

Next question ~ another note I have is "We start in Ramsau at the top host and migrate to the remarkable pilgrimage church of Maria Kunterweg past the millennial Hindenburg Linde . Soon we reach the Soleleitungsweg. The almost level path along the hillside offers an ideal south-facing views into paradise Wimbachtal and Ramsau."

This Church is on the way to the Soleleitungsweg? It looks stunning!

Google brought up a picture of a big old Linden Tree when I searched "millennial Hindenburg Linde" is that what it is?
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Is the church and old Linden tree right on the path?