Search

Benidorm,Spain

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Tony

Benidorm,Spain

there seems to be some cheap deals here. Can anyone tell me anything about this place as I have never seen anything written about it? is it authentic Spain or tourist Spain? What is there to see and do? Thanks in advance for any information!!

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Jose

Benidorm used to be a place of fishermen a half of a century ago. <BR> <BR>But in the last 20 or 30 years has become a touristic city, plenty of towers. <BR> <BR>So if you want to meet 'fiesta', go there and you will enjoy, but if you desire a cultural trip, forget Benidorm. <BR> <BR>For the real Spain, try 'Pueblos Blancos', Granada, Seville.... <BR> <BR>Hope you'll enjoy wherever you go. <BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 01:12 PM
ingrid

Full of German and British tourists who like to party and don't care where as long as it's warm outside and the booze is cheap.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 01:23 PM
tony

thanks for the answers! Jose-Pueblos Blancos? again I'm not familiar with this place. Can you tell me a little about it? I tend to go to Greece,Italy and further afield to the Far East and feel quite ignorant about Spain!!!

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Pedro

Benidorm is usually packed with seniors in Winter and Spring and overwhelmed with tourists in Summer. It has a great offer if you are looking for fun and beach, it has many restaurants, bars, nightclubs and a beautiful new park but overall many, many towers, a little Manhattan by the sea. Pueblos Blancos means white villages. There are many white-washed towns in stunning settings in Southern and Central Spain (Andalucia, Extremadura and Castilla-La Mancha ) but generally when someone speaks about "The route of the White Villages" that means the following villages (Arcos, Olvera, Setenil, Zahara de la Sierra, Grazalema, El Bosque, Benamahoma, Ronda, etc ) in Cadiz province the most part and others belonging to Malaga province. Those towns almost have a shape, some of them look like snow in the mountains from the distance and are extremely picturesque every time of the year. Last weekend we spent some time in Zahara de la Sierra and the views over the new reservoir were absolutely gorgeous. But they are starting to receive tourists so some of them are still unprepared to be that way. Although the car is necessary to get to them, except for buses and train to Ronda, once there the car could be a bit daring since most of them still keep their arabic urban planning of narrow winding streets. Not properly within the White Villages Route but among the most beautiful ones are Casares (Malaga), Vejer de la Frontera (Cadiz), Monda (Malaga), Castellar de la Frontera (Cadiz) or Jimena de la Frontera (Cadiz)