Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

My current troll postings have created 100s of responses!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Troller

I am a bored unemployed person who has nothing better to do than play with the internet all day. Using a variety of names (men and women), but with the same writing style (with a number of cases of bad spelling and grammar), I have developed a number of probing and challenging questions for the Fodors community. I am shocked by the number of responses to my posts and the total man hours spent responding to my troll posts. <BR> <BR>Here is a list of some of my recent posts found on the Fodors site (European section): <BR> <BR>Has anyone used the services of a gal in the Redlight district of Amsterdam? <BR> <BR>The question about the quality of life in Europe, vs the USA. <BR> <BR>Which country in Europe has the least social problems? <BR> <BR>European hotels a generally substandard. <BR> <BR>What happened to all the gypsys in Europe? <BR> <BR>I admit it, these were troll posts designed to stir things up. <BR> <BR>The good news, I have a new job, that starts on Monday, so I will not have time to write these postings any more, its been nice!

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:09 AM
Trollee

I pity your future boss. I guarantee you will still end up playing with yourself on line until you are found out and fired. What a drag on the general workforce. For this we have gone to war?????

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:14 AM
This

troll post yet! <BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:16 AM
curious

Congratulations.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:21 AM
debbie

You are so full of it - <BR>A couple of those were MY posts. Did you take your medication today??? I hope you got a job in a shrinks office. I can't believe that you could even say such lies. Get a real life

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:33 AM
King of Trolls

You, sir, are a liar. I am the troll king, sort of like the king of Gypsies, and I take exception at your claim to be a troll. To be a troll, you have to be short, fat, and ugly. I am. Are you? No, you are no doubt a tall, blonde, handsome adonis that have women swooning at your feet, while I, short fat troll that I am, have never had a woman. Why, even the "ladies" of Amsterdam refuse to service me. So, take pity on me and stop claiming to be a troll.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Kate

What does it matter who starts off a thread, and whether the original posting is a troll posting or not? If the post is patently fatuous, it will be dismissed. If it touches on issues that some people find interesting and feel they want to discuss, then it's all to the benefit of this forum. <BR> <BR>It's the quality of the ensuing posts and the turns of the discussion that emerges that's interesting, and which keeps people coming back to certain topics. No one "owns" the discussions on these boards. Post all the topics you like - it's certainly no skin off my nose! <BR> <BR>Kate <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>Kate

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Vi

I give you credit, those were interesting topics of discussion. I noticed a similar writing style in each of those posts.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 06:12 AM
cleftchin

I am Spartacus.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Boss

I am Jimmy Hoffa. You are Judge Crater. (Krater?)

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 06:26 AM
trolette

I hope you have a computer at your new job and can a least post one or more threads. It's been a riot. Love the mud slinging you created. Good Luck

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 06:29 AM
trollet

I hope you took a job with a company that has a computer. Good luck. Your threads got me laughing so hard. I love the mud slinging topics, it shows peoples real personalities

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 06:38 AM
sam

Message to Kate - Get off your soap box and take over where Troller left off if find them so amusing!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Roger

I like your attitude, Troller. Controversy is fun as are good donnybrooks. Best of luck in your new job. Knock 'um dead.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 09:34 AM
fiona

Troller <BR>PLEASE tell me you were the one who asked for a job in Europe!!

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 09:42 AM
dorothy

What is a troll?

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 01:53 PM
sandi

I imagine that you rank this way up towards the top of your lifetime accomplishments?

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 02:30 PM
mimi taylor

<BR> <BR> <BR> YOU TROLLOP!

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Yeah, so?

Big deal. There was a thread here about 6 months ago that started as nothing but a random string of letters, and it generated countless replies! It doesn't take much.