Search

Bellagio, again

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 1999, 07:58 AM
amie

Bellagio, again

My husband and I will be staying in Milan for three nights in mid July. We are really interested in taking a side trip to Lake Como. From all that we have read, Bellagio sounds wonderful. Can anyone give us any suggestion for good restaurants, mid priced lodging, or unique experiences to be had there? <BR>

Old Feb 14th, 1999, 08:15 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Amie, Bellagio is a must---one of the <BR>best destinations in all of Italia. <BR>I would suggest two 3 star hotels as <BR>good value---both will be about $130 <BR>for a double room. The Du Lac is on the <BR>water in the heart of town and has a <BR>fine ristorante as well. Above the town <BR>with a great view is the Belvedere. <BR>Go search and you will find web pages <BR>for both. Good luck !

Old Feb 14th, 1999, 10:46 AM
Linda Freedman

We wrote about the Hotel Belvedere in our Italy 98 travelogue, which we encourage you to access from our non-commercial web site, TheTravelzine.com - http://thetravelzine.com <BR>Enjoy your trip! Linda&Don

Old Feb 14th, 1999, 05:01 PM
Paul J

Hi Amie, We stayed at the Hotel du Lac in Bellagio last October. I checked my records and it costs 400,000 Lira for two nights. That's about $125 US dollars per night for two people. Enjoyed it a lot. Another good restaurant is the Belacus. If you stay at the du Lac, they will direct you to the Belacus. It's very close: good food and ambiance. Enjoy your stay in Bellagio.....Paul J <BR>

Old Feb 15th, 1999, 07:44 AM
Nicole

We visited Bellagio in Sept. '97 and loved it. We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Belvedere and would definitely return there again. Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and had a HUGE patio overlooking the lake. The hotel is one of the few hotels up on a hill so the elevated view is gorgeous. There is a web page I found on Bellagio at http://www.fromitaly.net/bellagio/. From there you can follow the the link to hotels and find phone numbers, etc., regarding Hotel Belvedere and other hotels. The Belvedere ran about $125/night for a double. <BR> <BR>We ate plenty of great meals there, but the only restaurant that I remember the name of is Ristorante Bilacus. We have a travelogue of our trip to Bellagio and other towns (at http://www.lunadesigns.com/travels/) -- go to the page on Bellagio, and click on the second photograph, which is a picture of that restaurant. We definitley recommend eating fish and seafood as that seems to be their specialty.