Reload this Page >

Beer garden in Munich

Search

Beer garden in Munich

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 01:31 PM
sondra

Beer garden in Munich

Can anyone tell me a good beer garden to go to in Munich.

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Art

Well Sondra, the Hofbrauhous is the old standby. Its always a lot of fun but filled with tourests. There used to be another almost exactly like it but mostly Germans, few tourests. The name was Mainzerhaus. Don't know if it is still there. There are a lot of smaller ones around the city. Just wander around if you want a smaller one and listen to see if they are having fun. <BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 08:11 PM
alan

Hi Sondra <BR>Well the other choices are the Spatel beer garden. Another that we like is not an actual beer garden belonging to a brewery but the Victualmarkt. It is a big area with many tables and chairs. There are various food stalls in the area and beer also. Choose your beer and food and sit with the others and watch the area. Very nice. <BR>alan

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 08:35 PM
Al

If you are going from May through October, you might drop by the beer garden near the Chinese Tower in Englischer Garten, one of central Munich's largest and nicest parks.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Byrd

Sondra (and Al): <BR>We really enjoyed the beer garden in the Englischer Garten last fall. We were there on a warn sunny October Saturday afternoon, and we loved seeing the families out with their adorable children. And the popcorn and beer were good! <BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 06:37 AM
JKD

Sadly, the Mathaser Bierstadt is no longer with us.I'm not sure of your time frame, but it's pretty chilly in Munich right now.Our favorite beer hall and garden is the Unions-Brau in Haidhausen(I believe it's Rick Steves new beer hall that he refuses to divuluge for fear of losing a friendship)....Happy drinking,I'll be there this summer.