been away for a while...but i'm back

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i miss this board. it's was like a home away from home...and i need to go home. those of you who know me...i could use all your prayers now...and suggestions...

i need a vacation...for peace and repair...been to rome, paris, london, prague, florence, venice, vienna...i can't think enough right now...it hurts the brain...suggestions are very wanted and needed.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 02:38 PM

I am not familiar with you, but you sound pretty in need of more than a vacation. . . perhaps an escape. For this reason, I recommend Morocco. I know this is the Europe board, but as far as I am concerned, there is no more therapeutic a place. Maybe you speak a little Spanish or a little French. . . maybe a lot, but you will lack the cultural know how to be truly understood or to truly understand, which is where the mystery lies.

Get clean at the hammams in every place, take a few days, weeks, months, in Chefchaouen. . . get lost in the maze-like medinas of Fez and Marrakech. . . watch the tide go in and out in Essouira. . . then go home.

Maybe it sounds too romantic, but maybe that is what you are looking for?
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 02:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Greece.

And if you feel like ranting, hop over to the FFR&R thread on the US board.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 02:51 PM
P_M

Hi, ucsun. The possibilities are unlimited, but if you haven't been to Ireland, why not give it a whirl? Or perhaps Belgium, or the French/Swiss Alps. There are so many places in this world where you can get away from it all, but those are just a few of my faves.

As mentioned above, I would like to invite you to join the Freaky Friday Rants and Raves thread on the US board. That's the one thread on this board where we all get to know each other. Whatever is going on in your life, you can tell us all about it and you will have our support. Please give it some thought, and if prayers are needed, you got it!! ><
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 02:54 PM

Ireland. It is beautiful, peaceful, spiritual and the people are wonderful. If I needed healing, that is where I would go.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ucsun, how can we help you in anyway?
We can be ears or give you guidance
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:12 PM

I send you my prayers and hoping I can be of help also.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM

Welcome back, Uscon!
Let us know how we can help you.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

thanks all. i was a regular up until 6 months ago and joined back in 2003 my wedding..i thought it would be perfect. only i was the only one being played. i was stupid. i thought it was love only it was one directional and the othe person was in it for all the wrong reasons...nothing but a liar, cheater, and user. but i guess it's best to cut my losses and start to heal. through literal "divine intervention" i found out a bunch of stuff...otherwise this could have gone on for years before i would have given up...

probably best to go over to the FFR&R and post there...
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

sorry i forgot a period there between 2003 and my wedding.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:52 PM

where are these other boards I hear people referring to FFR&R?
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

in the US board
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
On the US board here it's Friday Rant and Raves where everyone can say whatever they want that is bothering them..or praise.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM

Ucsun, I wish you all the best and hope you can put this sad experience in its place in your life. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old Mar 11th, 2006, 05:34 PM

ucsun, my sympathies and thoughts are with you on your troubles.

For peace and repair, I find that any place near water gives me the greatest peace. Depending on my misery, sometimes I want familiarity, sometimes I want something new.

I'd say for familarity, Venice. For something new, anywhere in the UK or Ireland. It's such a magical place for me, and I imagine myself in the countrysides of the UK and Ireland whenever I feel troubled. The lochs of Scotland come immediately to mind.

Actually, I feel all of Europe to be magical, and the Moroccan suggestion sounds great as well. Perhaps a month-long jaunt around Europe is the remedy? A friend did a 3 month Euro jaunt when he was fired after successfully completing a bank merger.

Maybe a cruise is something you'll want to consider. In the 2 cruises I've taken, I've found cruising to be relaxing, peaceful and refreshing to my spirit.
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't mean to sound flippant but a beach vacation is what best soothes my soul. Rather than trouping around big cities in Europe, how about a little R&R in Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii, Belize, Costa Rica... something completely different?
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
TamaraEden- Go to the United States board and look for a thread titled "Freaky Friday Rants and Raves 3-10". There is one started most every Friday there.
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 08:57 AM

I'm sorry about your situation ucsun. I hope that you are able to take some time off and began the healing process. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Mariana
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:04 AM
LJ

Yes, I am with those who recommend a beach vacation for the healing process. I don't think there is any better way to make your problems feel smaller than by contemplating the vast ocean lapping at the shore just as it has done for all eternity.And the Pina Coladas won't hurt either...
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:15 AM

Hey, UC, from someone on her blissful 3rd marriage, at least you found out before investing a lot of years in the jerk.You will feel better! Hopefully, like me, you'll meet the right person who LOVES to travel. Now, I wouldn't suggest NYC because they say the bed bugs are running rampant, LOL! When I needed peace and repair following a horrible divorce, I went on a 7 day Caribbean Cruise with 2 girlfriends. Talk about fun! We laughed and cut up and didn't worry about what anyone said and did all the fun games, karaoke, etc and didn't worry about driving, etc. Let us know what you decide and good luck!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -