Bed and Breakfast tour in Italy

Old Dec 9th, 1998, 10:54 AM
michele

Bed and Breakfast tour in Italy

Years ago we took a car plus bed and breakfast package throughout the British Isles. ( You received a book with various B&Bs that participated and made reservations accordingly.) <BR> <BR>Does anyone know if such a tour exists in Italy? <BR>

Old Dec 9th, 1998, 12:25 PM
louis

Try looking at Travel Writer, Rick Steve's home page under 1999 Tours. <BR> <BR>www.ricksteves.com

Old Dec 9th, 1998, 12:30 PM
wes fowler

Michele, <BR>This may not answer your question but it does offer an alternative. Pick up copies of Karen Brown's books " Italian Country Bed and Breakfasts" and "Italian Country Inns and Itineraries". Both should allow you to develop your own personalized itinerary. Brown, by the way, is rarely wrong in the recommendations she makes.

Old Dec 9th, 1998, 01:34 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Michele, The concept of B&Bs like you find in the UK or France is not really the same in Italy. There are many quaint <BR>places but they are either small family <BR>owned hotels or rural farm villas. <BR>There are several good sources for these <BR>on the internet depending on your price <BR>range. Also, you should really start with your planned itinerary and work backwards to the properties. If you desire more details please contact me <BR>directly by email andI will try to help

Old Dec 10th, 1998, 07:44 AM
Carol

Michele--Definitely take a look at the Karen Brown book. She now works with either JetVacations or the French Experience arranging packages similar to what you're seeking. Perhaps, she's also doing something similar in Italy.

Old Dec 10th, 1998, 12:14 PM
michele

Many thanks...I used karen Brown's book in Spain and found her to be very accurate. I will look into her Italian suggestions. <BR>Grazie mile ( spelling???) <BR> <BR>