Bed and Breakfast in Tuscany

Apr 3rd, 1999, 05:26 AM
Sharon

Bed and Breakfast in Tuscany

Has anyone used the Karen Brown recommendations for Bed and Breakfast accomodations in Tuscany?

Apr 3rd, 1999, 06:03 AM
GA

Sharon, I am planning a trip to Tuscany in September. I am using the Karen Brown guide and Fodor's Rivages guide for Italy under high recommendation by posts on this forum and by friends. There is a lot of overlap in the two guides, so I think these accommodations will not disappoint. Good luck. See the special forum on Tuscany this week. More great suggestions.

Apr 3rd, 1999, 09:23 AM
Linda

We will be spending the month of May in Tuscany/Umbria. All four of our Inns/B&Bs are from her two books on Italy. Castellina in Chianti, Montefollonico, Orte, Deruta...and I forgot, two days in Verona, also her recommendation. So far we have never been disappointed with her suggestions. During our last trip to Italy we stayed at Hotel Tenuta Di Ricavo and liked it very much....it is really rural, but great for relaxing and enjoying the mood of Tuscany.

Apr 3rd, 1999, 05:41 PM
Barbara

Sharon,

We've been using Karen Brown's recommendations everywhere we travel, three times throughout Italy including Tuscany. Have a month-long trip planned for October, all the hotels and B&Bs from her guides. Have never had a disappointment. I cross-reference with other guides where possible, but she features so many places the others never seem to find. And the details are great-- hers were the first guides to emphasize ambience rather than just listing the conveniences. Two years ago, we stayed at La Saracina, an extremely romantic inn with huge luxurious bathrooms in addition to very pretty bedrooms and delicious breakfasts in a charming setting. In October, we are staying at Podere Terreno, which I expect to like just as much. I don't think you can miss with one of her picks. Buon Viaggio.

Apr 3rd, 1999, 05:54 PM
Linda1

Sharon,
Just a hint...book early! Our first pick for the Chianti area was Podere Terreno (see above) but they were already booked the week we wanted in May! I inquired in December!

Apr 5th, 1999, 10:49 PM
beth

Karen Brown's books are fabulous ... you can't go wrong... we booked our honeymoon b&b in Cortona Italy and it was fabulous...!