Reload this Page >

Bed&Breakfast in France near sea

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 07:23 AM
luca

Hello to all, <BR>we are a boy and a girl who would like to stay in a Bed&Breakfast for the <BR>August month, possibly in France and near the sea. We can't afford a price greater than 40Euro per day (20Euro each one ) <BR>Can you give some advices to me? Any help? <BR>Thanks in advance. <BR> <BR>Luca and D. <BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Rex

It will be challenging, but I might be able to find you a place, if you tell me which coast do you prefer - - there are close to a dozen "coasts", at least the way the French see it - - the English Channel (both Normandy, and a seaprate region from Normandy to the Belgian border); the Brittany coast, both on the north, and on the south; the "Atlantic" coast, south of Brittany down to about Bordeaux; the Bay of Biscay, from Bordeaux down to the Spanish border; the Mediterranean, once again subdivided into two or three segments, from the Spanish border to about Marseille, the Esterel, and the "true" Cote d'Azur. <BR> <BR>and then, of course, there are the various islands - - Channel (more British than French, but a nice hybrid), Atlantic, Mediterranean - - and biggest of all, Corsica (which has two "sides"). <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>http://communities.msn.com/RexBickers/messageboard.msnw <BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 01:56 PM
luca

Good! I m lucky since i found an expert like you! So here are our preferences: <BR>all the Mediterranean coast, but including also the Bay of Biscay (from Bordeaux down to the Spanish border ) <BR> <BR>Hope to hear u soon and MANY thanks <BR> <BR>Luca

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Rex

One last thing - - I might take my doing this for you - - what length of time do you seek - - the whole month? Is a "self-catering" place (gite) of intertest to you? no breakfast offered, no one to "keep house" for you? And the price will be cheaper for longer stays, perhaps. <BR> <BR>By the way, where do you live? <BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 10:16 PM
luca

yes, we are seekeing for the whole month of august(at least 3 weeks); i'd like that breakfast would be offered, and we live in italy. <BR> <BR>p.s. the other things are not so important to us, anyway to cook we cant bring with us frying pan and so on!

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 04:36 AM
Rex

I think that finding a TRUE "B&B" - - a person there to "run" the place - - and offer you breakfast will be hard to find at this price (though not impossible). But a self-catering place will have pots and pans, and a refrigerator, et cetera. You can fix as few or as many meals as you wish. <BR> <BR>The best breakfast comes from a boulangerie artisanale anyway - - whether you go out and get it - - or the proprietor of the "B&B" does. And naturally, you are going to have to pay more for such service. <BR> <BR>Have you found any leads in searching for yourself? Are you searching for "chambres d'hote(s)"? <BR> <BR>I started searching for "gites" for you. Haven't gotten very far. <BR> <BR>What part of Italy are you from? <BR> <BR>I am the organizer of a trip to Italy involving people on this forum, in September (Sep 19-Oct 2). <BR> <BR>Auguri... <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>http://communities.msn.com/RexBickers/messageboard.msnw <BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 03:14 AM
luca

Yes, I m searching for "chambres d'hote(s)", but the cheaper ones are not near the sea (cheap means less than 40 euro day for 2 person). <BR> <BR>Where can i find infos about "gites"? <BR> <BR>Im in the north-west of Italy, Turin. <BR> <BR>Maybe we will meet at the italian trip <BR> <BR>Many thanks. <BR> <BR>Luca <BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 03:35 AM
Alec

Luca <BR>The main website for Gites de France is at http://www.gites-de-france.fr/eng/index.htm <BR>With some properties you can book on-line; others you need to phone the owner direct. Some French would help. <BR>Just a thought. If you are going this August, you've left it very late. Most Gites are booked early in the year and there may only be late cancellations available. Also most Gites, traditionally converted farm buildings, lie inland some distance away from the coast. Those on the coast tend to be more modern and more expensive, but there are very few on Cote d'Azur. Better on Languedoc-Roussillon in Southwest or on the Atlantic coast.