Search

Ventimiglia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Jennifer

Ventimiglia

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Riviera in September. We'd like to stay in one place but be able to visit Monte Carlo, Cannes and Cinque Terre, etc. Does anyone have any feedback on the La Riserva in Ventimiglia? It looks beautiful. Any other suggestions? Is it rail accessible? Thanks in advance! Jennifer and Justin

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Kay

Ido not know anything about the hotel,but Ventimiglia is on the regional french rail line that runs up and down the coast past Cannes. The trains run on a regular basis with Ventimiglia being the stopping point for Italy. Other trains run in the other direction toward San Remo and beyond.September is a wonderful time to be in the area. There is nothing like a full harvest moon over the Med. Enjoy.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Debbie

Jennifer-Although I am unfamiliar with the hotel,I know that you can take the train that goes out of Nice-Menton to Ventimiglia.Our family toured the south of France a couple years ago and we caught the train out of Nice for a very cheap price to Ventimiglia.We stay in Nice and used that city as our base town. We took the bus service to St.Paul de Vence area,Monaco but trained it to Cannes,Menton and the Italia border. We just did lunch and the day at Ventimiglia but had a wonderful seafood meal right at the water's edge and REALLY great wine!There was a darling centralized park next to the beach and restaurants with the older men playing bocce ball in the park-great memories.The whole area from Nice over to the Italian border is terrific. Have a super time! Debbie

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Jennifer

Thanks for the information....that will help. if you could pick one towm on the Riviera (Italian or French), which would be your favorite?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:42 AM
Byrd

Hi Jennifer- <BR>We, too, took the train from Nice to Ventimiglia, where we changed trains and went on to Bordighera for a wonderful lunch overlooking the Med. We had a short time in Ventimiglia waiting for the next train, and really enjoyed a flea market set up there. <BR>We would rally like to go back to that area and spend more time! <BR>Byrd <BR>