Bed and Breakfast in Bath

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are scheduled to stay at the Glen View Bed & Breakfast in Bath next month and wondering if anyone has any personal experience with it. Would also appreciate any other Bed & Breakfast recommendations in Bath or vicinity. There are 6 of us, 3 adults and 3 kids (17, 14, 7). At Glen View we have 2 bedrooms reserved at a total cost of 150 Pounds per night. We are looking for something nice, clean and tastefully decorated with period antiques. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:15 PM

Check out Haydon House. We are scheduled there in September. They have been wonderful as far as good advice and the cost is reasonable. There is a website - haydonhouse.co.uk
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Marcia. It looks great from the website.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:56 PM

We stayed at Haydon House a few years ago, for 4 or 5 nights. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I remember that the house was comfortable and very nicely refurbished; breakfasts were good. There was plenty of parking out front, a pretty garden in back, and lots of magazines for those rainy days. It was a good 15-20 minute walk to the downtown area, but there was a nice pub nearby. I'm not so sure it would be a good place for children, having sort of a stuffy atmosphere (mainly because the owner was a bit haughty; his wife seemed very nice but we hardly saw her).
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 04:42 AM

Hi Sterling,<BR><BR>We stayed at the Brompton House last month in Bath, and it was lovely. Wonderful rooms, quiet street about a 7 minute walk from the Abbey and Roman Baths, wonderful breakfast, and a triple was about 90 GBP a night. Excellent value. Check out www.bromptonhouse.co.uk for details and pictures.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 04:47 PM

We were scheduled to stay at Haydon House several years ago &amp; the owner was ill. They had booked 2 rooms for us at the Holly Lodge (I'm not the owner!). As I remember it was nicely furnished, decent breakfast &amp; the owners were extremely helpful with the area &amp; beyond. The only negative was climbing the stairs back to the b&amp;b at the end of the day. It seemed that many of the b&amp;b's were up on a hill overlooking the city center &amp; were reached via stairs up the hill.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:26 PM

We stayed at the Holly Villa (not the same as the Holly Lodge) which is about a 5 minute walk from the center of Bath. The rates are about 60 pounds per night per room for a double ensuite. I think they may have a triple room as well. They serve a huge breakfast (included in the price) which held us over until dinner. The owners, Keith and Jill, were very friendly and helpful. The room was larger than expected with some antique pieces. Everything was very clean and pleasant. I highly recommend staying there.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great suggestions. Keep them coming!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 02:45 PM

We stayed at Paradise House in May and loved it. It is something of a hike up a big hill from the train station, but worth the trip. It was beautifully furnished and had a nice garden in back with a view of the city. The New Zealanders who managed it could not have been nicer. The cost was about 80GBP for a twin room.