Reload this Page >

Bayeux dining recommendation needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Bob

We will be staying in Bayeux for three nights next week arriving there by car from Paris in the late afternoon. Does anyone have recommendations for a place to have a light dinner the first evening? As well, we would appreciate thoughts on where we might have dinner the other two evenings. We don't have a budget for dinner that we need to follow, but we also know that a good meal doesn't necessarily need to be expensive.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Monica

Hello, Please see my travel page at http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html Go to the restaurant section. My Mom and I were in Bayeux and enjoyed some meals there!

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 12:23 PM
Norm

Bob, the best two meals my wife and I had in Bayeux were at the restaurant at the Chateau de Sully, just north of Bayeux a couple of miles on the Port-en-Bessin Road, and at the Lion d'Or in the middle of Bayeux. Food and service were first rate and the prices would not send you to the poor house. There is also a very good restaurant which is cheaper, but quite excellent, in a little hotel in Creully a few miles from Bayeux. The langoustines there were so good that we went back a second night. Bon appetit!

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Sandy

We were in Bayeux in Mar and ate at La Fringale on rue Saint-Jean, near the Churchill Hotel. I had the menu–-a wonderful (pureed) vegetable soup, roasted chicken w/herbs, fries, and flan; one friend had the mozzarella salad w/tomatoes, and the other friend just had the soup (they were not hungry and the portions were all large). We all had wine. It was really a good place to eat and not expensive (190 fr, $26.40 total). <BR> <BR>Hope this helps, we had a great time in the Normandy area. <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Janice

Loved Bayeaux. Wish I had spent more time there. The dinner we had at Lion d'Or was one of the best we had in all of France, including Paris! The fish was expecially wonderful!.. Enjoy

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 04:54 AM
Bob

Thanks to all of you who replied. We leave this next Wed. so think of us as we try out some of your suggestions next week.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Ruth

We spent two nights in Bayeux last May (2000) and ate the first night at our hotel, the Luxembourg, and the second at the Lion d'or. The service at the Lion d'or was more polished but I thought the food at the Luxembourg was better, not that the other didn't have good food also.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 01:19 PM
edie

<BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>Loved the food and the host at Le Petit Normand. Mmmmarvelous mmmussels and fish. We were there on June 5, and were part of some wonderful reunions of WWII vets. <BR>For a light meal try the Alsatian Brasserie(not the name of it) <BR>wonderful pots of sauerkraut and meat and seafood as well as light as a feather pizza. Really delicious. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 02:38 PM
kam

Doing research for future trip. Have come up with Lion d'Or, Les 4 Saisons, La Marmite, Le Petit Normand (traditional Normandy food), Le Florentin (a pizzeria and grill) Oh, how I envy you three nights! Have a great time.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Douglas

Bob hope you check before you go to tbe airport. Three weeks ago we did what you are doing. Ate at the Doomsday Pizza Cafe (or something like that) which is located behind the Cathedral. <BR>Food was good, quick, and cheap; but the best was the location because by walking around after supper you will find the Tapestry and TI office both within two blocks. The town is not busy then and it is a great time to orient yourself. By the way, it has the cleanest WC in France.