Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

BAYERISCHER HOF HOTEL- in Munich, have you heard of it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 09:22 AM
ALlison

Have you heard of this hotel in Munich? We're looking for a nice hotel to stay one night in Munich, near Marienplatz...do you have any other suggestions?

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 09:27 AM
gina

I have heard of this hotel but it is not near the Marienplatz, it's near the Hauptbahnof. I would highly recommend the Eden Wolff (next to the train station also) or the Uhland, a few blocks away.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 12:12 AM
Paige

I've walked past it and it looks very nice. The rich and famous always stay there. During carnival season, the rich Munchners have their balls there. I think it's safe to say it's a nice place.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 01:30 AM
Doug

If you can afford the Bayerischer Hof I'd like to be your best friend.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 04:36 AM
xxx

The InterCity is right at the Hauptbahnhoff. Room was nice. Extremely convenient for arrival/departure and access.

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 03:49 PM
beth

For the nicest in Munich - I would say the Rafael - smaller more deluxe/exclusive than the Bayerischer or the Kempinski - for real flav in the center - try the Platzl - very bavarian family run hotel. <BR>