Bavaria, Prague and Vienna

Oct 6th, 2003, 11:02 AM
JPK
Original Poster

Bavaria, Prague and Vienna

I'm going to Munich next December, to tour through Bavaria, the Romantic Route and would like to extend the trip to Prague and Vienna. This is going to be for two weeks. I would like to spend the less possible in accommodations, does anybody has a good hostel, or B&B, or cheap and good hotel in these areas to recommend?
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:35 PM

We stayed in a town a bit off the northern section of the Romantic Road - Neustadt an der Aisch - and did daytrips to towns along the Road, Nuremberg, etc. We stayed here at less than 30 Euros/night for three:

www.accommodation.de/48003.htm

We did our own breakfast thing in the apartment.

You really need to pin down a town you'd like to stay in if you want some specific advice on this board.
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:00 PM
JPK
Original Poster

Thanks Russ. This looks great. Actually I was waiting for suggestions like yours, with city and accommodations for the Romantic Road. And also would like some suggestions specifically for Munich, Vienna and Prague.
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:50 AM

I can tell you something about Prague and the "Romantische Strasse". Prague really has no cheap accommodations as far as I know. It doesn't even have cheap beer which is contrary to all the hype. As far as the Romatic Road is concerned, check out this website:
http://www.romantischestrasse.de/uk/index.php3
It mentions all the cities and town on it. Nuremberg is NOT one of them. Würzburg is. As far as cheap places to stay, I can only recommend one which you will find in the town of Harburg. There the Hotel-Gasthof zum Straussen which charges 21.70 Euros for a Single room. They are in the center of town and have parking spots in case you have a rental car. I stayed there myself only two weeks ago.
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:11 AM

Good suggestion, as usual by Russ.

I have been meaning to get over to this part of Germany the last 3 times I've been there.

Neustadt an der Aisch sits on the beer street.

Check out the following webpage, it might be helpful.

http://www.bierstrasse.de