Bato Bus

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Alyssa

Bato Bus

Hi,

Has anyone used this method of transportation in Paris? Is it easy and are the stops well marked so that you'll know where to get on? Do you just pay when you get on? I know, a ton of questions!

We plan to walk for the most part but the Eiffel Tower is 3 miles from where we are staying and at the end of the day you're feet are screaming. I thought jumping on one of these would be a neat alternative to a bus, taxi or train.

Any feed back would be great!

Alyssa

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Carol

Alyssa
The batobus is great. We bought a day pass. You can get on and off all day. It runs between Notre Dame and the Eiffel tower. We would get off at a stop and walk all around that area then get on and go - wherever.I think there are 7 stops. We loved it but look at the info they give you. We saw a family who wanted to go 1 stop BEHIND THE ONE WHERE THEY GOT ON so for them it was a lo o n g ride.
We loved it and have recommended it to many people. Just walk down to the river and you will see the stops and the small ticket booths. It is great.You will love having the pass when it is time to go home and your feet hurt. You are sitting but still enjoying the view. Enjoy, Carol

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:58 PM
tina

Batobus is great. You will love it.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:03 AM
Davidx

You must have got the general message from previous replies but it is worth noting that a two-day ticket does not cost that much more than a one-day and there is so much near the stops - 7 of them, that it is probably a good idea.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Alyssa

Thanks so much too all of you for your replys! Two weeks from today and I'm outta here!!!!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Myer

The above posts resulted in a few questions.

Where are the stops?

How much is a one day and two day ticket?

Does it make stops going in both directions or is one way a milk run and the reverse an express?

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:13 AM
Alyssa

Hi Myer,

I actually found a website which listed a little info and has a map of the stops. It is www.gotoparis.net

It also has the museum pass info which seemes to be of really good value and you can get into every museum with it and avoid lines. Hope this helps.

Alyssa