Reload this Page >

Barclona or Madrid in November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 02:56 PM
Richard

Should I go to Barcelona or Madrid in November? Why? Any ideas for inexpesive, but atmospheric hotels would be nice too!

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 11:40 PM
Martha B

In November, the average daily high temperature is 55F (13C) in Madrid; 62F (16C) in Barcelona; and 68F (20C) in Seville. All three, in my opinion, are beautiful cities.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 04:33 AM
bp

I was in all 3 of these cities in November. We enjoyed Seville the most, followed by Madrid and then Barcelona. In November all of the bars/restaurants near the water in Barcelona are totally dead, like a ghost town. Also I am sure that the Las Ramblas is much more exciting during warmer weather too.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 05:06 AM
Valerie

Definately Barcelona! I thought that it is a more cosmopolitan city than Madrid, with beautiful architecture. I really enjoyed Barcelona and oddly enough, didn't care for Madrid. But then again, people say they love Madrid.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 08:17 AM
Michelle

I went to Madrid last December/January. I would definitely suggest Madrid as a great place to visit. It really depends on where you're going from there. If you're seeing the South of Spain (Toledo, Cordoba, Sevilla, Ronda, Mediterranean) then you'll definitely want to visit Madrid and continue from there. We stayed at the Hotel Carlos V in Madrid and really enjoyed it. The hotel was 3 stars and moderately priced. If you're planning to rent a car, make sure you ask the hotels in Madrid if they have parking. Many of them do not, which means you have to park in a garage and walk to the hotel. Hotel Carlos V does not have a parking garage connected.

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 03:35 PM
sabrina

Has anyone reponded to your question about inexpensive, atmospheric hotels in barcelona?? <BR>I've been trying to get exactly that info, but no replies. <BR>Actually a good male friend stayed at Ambos Mundos on the Placa Reial in Barcelona a year ago. It's on a busy plaza, but he *really* liked the atmosphere. Especially if you get a room on the plaza with a balcony! (We're thinking it's too busy/noisy for our needs.) <BR>Good luck on your search -- and your trip! <BR>

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 09:08 PM
Gary

Visited Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla and Marbella last year. Of the two cities you mention, while Madrid shouldn't be missing, I would vote for Barcelona. We found it to be a wonderful place to visit. While not inexpensive, the Hotel Arts was one of the nicest hotels we've stayed in. From the outside, it's strange, but beautiful rooms.