Search

Barcelona next week

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona next week

Hi all,

I am travelling to Barcelona next week for a week and would appreciate any tips on the best places to visit, any day trips worth taking, places to eat, etc. I am staying in an apartment on Avinguda Del Paral.lel. Does anyone know what this area is like. I think its very central?
Also if anybody has Maribels famous files on Barcelona, I would be EXTREMELY grateful if they could mail them to me.

Thanks a mil,
Dee
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:30 AM

I enjoyed the street scene of Las Ramblas and the Barcelona open air market was awesome. Of course, you want to see all the Gaudi stuff.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:38 AM

Don't know the area where you'll be in, sorry, but add Montjuic and the cable car.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:32 AM

assuming you mean a seven day week, IMO you're staying about three or four days too long in barcelona.

all the gaudi and most of the modernista archetecture can easily be done in a day. the ramblas incl. the market and the bari gothico can be done in another. and by a day, i mean during daylight hours.

you can explore the two major museums (romanesque and picasso) one in the morning, one in the afternoon of the third day and still have three evenings free to stroll wherever.

again, this is a personal opinion. we just got back from barcelona and i was underwhelmed to say the least. i didn't not like the city, i was simply expecting more than what was offered.

on the other hand, i did enjoy the food and the people on the whole (tho late night barcelona can be as dangerous as it is vibrant). i just didn't see the need for a fourth (or, most assuredly, a fifth) day there.
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody for your responses. I was kinda thinking 6 days may be too long but I will see when I get there. Are there any day trips outside Barcelona that ye could recommend if we have enough of Barcelona after a few days.

BTW I forgot to include my email address for Mirabels file just in case anyone would like to send them on to me..........PLEEEEEASE

[email protected]
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 04:13 AM

Hi,

I sent you Maribel's Barcelona file. For day trips, you can go to vineyards and drink the region's famous Cava. And you can go to Monserrat. There are details in Maribel's files.

Karen
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 05:33 AM

I would kill for that length of time in Barcelona. We had 5 days and it wasn't enough:
Park Guell
Casa Batlo (sp?)
The unfinished church
Monjuic
Miro Museum
Picasso Museum
Aquarium (fabulous)
Zoo (too bad Snowflake just passed)
Day trip to Dali Museum in Figueres
La Rambla
The waterfront
Olympic grounds