Barcelona Hotels

Search

Barcelona Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona Hotels

My wife and I are spending four nights in Barcelona this coming February 2004. There are so many hotels to choose from. We want to be in the vicinity of most attractions.. Does anyone have any good recommendations? If so, where should I go to book a reservation?
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 05:47 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Montecarlo on Las Ramblas (or La Rambla) and it was at the center of activity. You just walk out the front door and you are in the middle of a fantastic street scene. You're very close to a lot of the Gaudi architecture and just up the block there are buses that will take you all over the city. There were also many great restaurants and other activities like the open air Barcelona market across the street which was great for a morning stroll seeing all the purveyors. When I go again, I'll stay at the same spot.
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 09:27 AM

Le Meridien hotel on Las Ramblas is a wonderful hotel in an excellent location. It's easy to check on their website.. lemeridien.com
June
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 08:07 PM

Just returned from 4 night at Hotel Continental Palacete 30 Rambla de Catluna, www.hotelcontinental.com. A short stroll to Plaza Catalunya, and then the busy Ramblas. Lots restaurants in the area, one street over the Gaudi buildings, close to metro, taxi stand out the front door. Excellent staff to assist you, lovely decor, very clean, loved every minute of it. Small buffet with snacks, beer, wine, coffe tea, etc. fresh fruit, and breakfast items in the mornings. All included in the room price, and available 24 hours.
Liz
Old Nov 15th, 2003, 12:20 PM

Husa Palace, aka one of the original Ritz Hotels. Pricey, but a wonderful central location, beuatiful hotel, great beds, linens, SERVICE, food.
Be sure to visit Antoni Gaudi's museum, and the Catalan Museum on the waterfront.
Old Nov 15th, 2003, 05:06 PM

Hi golferb,
My husband and I stayed at Hotel Gran Via this past October. Located on the Gran Via which borders the Eixample district, it's less than a 5 minute walk to Plaza Catalunya. The cost was 110 euros per night. A recent issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine rated it one of the best value hotels in Europe.
The location can't be beat, the rooms are a bit non-descript, but quite adequate. Good bathrooms, TV, minibar, comfy bed. The breakfast buffet is an additional 8 euros per person, but it's very good. Much more than just a continental breakfast.
The hotel also offers internet access with two PCs set up in one of the common areas. By the way, the common areas reflect the "old world" elegance of this hotel. Quite charming, IMO.
The only complaint I have about the hotel is the less than helpful people at the front desk. Twice when asking for restaurant recommendations, we got very useless answers (e.g., "there are lots of tapas bars around the corner", or, "anywhere down by the waterfront will service good fish&quot. Trying to ask politely for specific recommendations, got us no where.
I'm sure you'll enjoy Barcelona.
Diane