Barcelona Hotel Recommendations

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 01:24 PM
andrea

Barcelona Hotel Recommendations

Can anyone help with the names of good centrally located hotels please - full bath including tub - modern - can't help myself; I'm a snob. Looking for 4 star not 5 star -- perhaps 4.5 stars? Soy periodista!

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 01:32 PM
Marija

We really liked Le Meridien Barcelona, right on the Rambla. Great rooms, great location. fax: 93/301 77 76.

Old Dec 1st, 1999, 06:52 AM
ilisa

We stayed at the Hotel Colon directly in the Gothic Quarter across from the cathedral. It was fabulous. The room was small, but beautifully decorated and so comfortable. If you can't get a room facing the cathedral, ask for a fifth floor room. All of those have wonderful terraces. Ours was a large, terra cotta terrace with lots of plants. The view wasn't wonderful - rooftops - but it was very relaxing. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful with my incessant questions. I don't have the phone number, but we booked online at www.hotelinfoplus. The hotel was very good at replying promptly to our inquiries and reservation request.

Old Dec 1st, 1999, 08:31 AM
henry

We liked the Royal Hotel,its right on the Rambla.Enjoy.

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 02:57 PM
garth

Try the Avenida Palace. It fits your criterion of "4.5 stars."