Barcelona Hotel

Oct 31st, 2000, 08:15 PM
Shirley

Barcelona Hotel

Need an inexpensive hotel for 2 nights in June in Barcelona.Any suggeestions?

Nov 1st, 2000, 06:58 AM
Jean Valjean

Probably a good bet would be the Hotel Oriente. It is located right on La Rambla. It should be around $80. I would imagine that for 2 days you need to be close to the main tourist areas, right? If not, maybe you could try the Hotel Pedralbes (should be around $60, but it is located in a residential district a bit far away from downtown) Another option could be the Windsor (on Diagonal). It is close to downtown and should be around $70.

Maybe you want to find out about this scheme called "Bancotel". You buy 5 coupons at $35 each. They have a huge catalog of hotels (all over the world) and in many of them you can stay with just one coupon per ROOM, never per person.

Nov 1st, 2000, 08:00 AM
Colleen

We just got back and stayed at Meson Castilla - very close to Pl. Catalunya and La Rambla. Nice place, great breakfast (included). About $100. fax: 34 93 41 24 020.

Nov 2nd, 2000, 02:15 PM
Jean Valjean

Thank you for the suggestions.Shirley
<[email protected]>

Nov 2nd, 2000, 02:55 PM
m.tyner

Just got back from Barcelona, my friend and I stayed at the Hotel California (I know, the name is cheesy). It's located near the Ramblas and the Place Reial. It was about $35 a night - it's not the Four Seasons, the room are modest but clean, breakfast was included and the desk staff was very helpful making dinner reservations. They have a web site. Hope this helps