Barcelona - central and quite area for apartment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've found that this forum is very helpful for planning our 27 day trip to Europe this summer. I'm asking for more help! Our family is planning a visit Barcelona July 21-25. We (twins 16 husband and I) are looking for an apartment in a central location but somewhat away from the late night crowd. Is the gothic area too noisy? It seems to be more affordable (120 Euro per night budget) and close to some of the sites we want to visit. Any other areas to recommend? Are there particular streets we want to avoid?
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

TTT
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 02:19 PM
stevefrat

I haven't used them yet, so I don't know how highly recommended they are, but we booked our apartment through www.lovingbarcelona.com. We fly to Barcelona in early March, so I'll be sure to report back when we return.

Old Jan 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Stevefrat - I'll check it out. The apartments look better furnished than those in Venice and Rome in our budget category. I'll be interested to read your report.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 08:07 AM

We just returned from a six day stay in Barcelona with our twins (6) and 4 yr old. Rented an apartment in Barcelonetta-really quaint neighborhood with bars, restaurants, etc within walking distance. Really old part of town (kinda reminded me of the French Quarter, minus all the tourists) not at all touristy. Mostly locals living there. Cool place and really quiet at night. Walking distance to beaches, harbor, aquarium, etc. Try www.akaza.net