Barcelona car rental

Search

Barcelona car rental

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona car rental

I am planning to rent a car in Barcelona, not from the airport, for a day trip to Girona. What car rental agencies has anyone had a good experience with? And any helpful hints appreciated.
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 10:14 PM

We rented a car from the Sants train station about 6 years ago. The pick up went smoothly and we had a great car, although halfway to Cadaques it started to rain and there were no blades on the windshied wipers! We had to return to Girona to exchange the car, and wound up with a tiny older one. I believe we used Hertz and all went well. Although we did have friends more recently who got their tires slashed while at a red light. The rental agency had warned them about it, and then it actually happened! Good luck. Personally I liked some of the other towns better than Girona, like Besalu and Tossa de Mar was charming, and of course Cadaques was quite special.
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 11:31 PM

If you want to go only to Girona you can easily go there by train. It will cheaper(for 1 or 2 person), faster and much less hassle than renting a car.
Old Aug 24th, 2019, 01:54 AM
kja

As already noted, you don't need a car for this day trip, but FWIW, I always turn to gemut.com for my car rentals in Europe.