Barcelona & Mallorca

Old May 17th, 2022, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona & Mallorca

We are planning a trip to Barcelona and Mallorca in September. We are planning to go right to Mallorca, spend a few days there and then to Barcelona. We have one week. We'd love to visit must-see places for both destinations but also secret hideaways that are lesser known. We always appreciate restaurant and accommodation hints. We will be 3 adults who like outdoor activities, hiking, shopping, etc. when in Mallorca. When in Barcelona we would 5 adults. We are not partiers so no need for clubs. We get up early, walk a ton, sight see and eat local. i'd love any info you might offer as this site has been awesome in the past. We are definitely, while in Barcelona, visiting Sagrada Familia, Montserrat, Park Guell and Las Ramblas. I'd also love to take a cooking class. Can't wait for Paella! Thanks for any help you might offer. BTW we know northing about Mallorca.
Old May 18th, 2022, 07:52 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
With your list for Barcelona, I'd allow at least four nights. Sagrada Familia and Park Guell can be done in a day, remember to book for both. Montserrat, which is on my wish list for my next trip to Bacelona looks like it could take the better part of a day. Las Ramblas can be done in a few hours, depending on what stops you make.

If you have the time, you might consider taking in a concert at Paleu de Musica - you can book online in advance - an excellent night out and a good way to see the fantastic building.

We really enjoyed tapas and wine at Tosca Palau, located directly across from the Paleu de Musica and Tosca Del Carme, and had an excellent lunch at La Rita, which can easily be combined with a visit to
Casa Mila/La Pedrera and/or Casa Batlló.

Last edited by Melnq8; May 18th, 2022 at 07:55 AM.
Old May 18th, 2022, 08:51 AM

Make all your reservations for Barcelona sights ahead of time. You can do all that online.
Old May 18th, 2022, 12:20 PM

https://www.theothermallorca.com

offer very good deals on countryside Finca style hotels. There some stunning hiking routes in the North of the island.

Personally , I’d do the trip in reverse , Mallorca is extremely relaxing , Barcelona isn’t. I’d visit the city first then the island.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

We have decided to not do Mallorca. We rented an airbnb in Barcelona. We will do our 4 days of sightseeing then take trains for day trips. I have been researching some fun places to hike and see the sea/coast/mountains. I'd take any suggestions if you have any. Thanks.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 11:31 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Day trips:
Visit the Costa Brava. We stayed there in Begur on our way to Barcelona.
Visit the Dali Museum in Figueres. Unlike any museum you’ve ever visited!
Barcelona: Go up your the top of Montjuic for incredible sweeping views of the city and the coast. While up there visit the Museo Miró.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 11:34 AM

Bear in mind with your getting up early that the Spanish eat late, and have a very different rhythm of day.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 12:19 PM

I would spend a couple nights on the Costa Brava and Girona. Rent a car. Very easy driving. We stayed in Cadaques for a night and Girona for 2 nights. We visited Dali's house in Port Lligat. You have to make reservations ahead. Very quirky house.