Search

Ballykissangel

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Youknow

Ballykissangel

Hey Ireland lovers! Do you watch Ballykissangel? Here in MSP we are fortunate to get a slice of Ireland every Fri. nite on PBS. Until I get back to Irl, I can at least have a pint in my lazy-boy and pretend for an hour a week!

Old May 11th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Tracy

Youknow, you're gonna love the official BallykissA site then, to be sure! <BR> <BR>http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/ballykissangel/ <BR> <BR>Enjoy! = )

Old May 11th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Cindy

I went to Ireland last year and my husband and I went to the town of Avoca where the show is filmed. We had a pint in Fitzgerald's Pub with a group of sisters from Liverpool on a trip with their "mum". The town is exactly as it is in the show.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:39 AM
Lillie Harty

I was in Dublin this morning and came across a bus tour starting just outside the Gresham Hotel in O`Connell St. which was advertised as going to Ballykissangel.I know the series on TV has finished but it looks like the little town of Avoca in Co. Wicklow will prosper for a while longer as Ballykissangel.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:51 AM
els

My mom is from Avoca and I have been there several times before the series and after, and I must admit like any sleepy town that is put on television, movies, etc. it never really is the same afterwards. My family (quite a large one - Catholic you know?)remains there and they all get married in the church you see. My mother worked in the woolen mill years ago. Fitzgeralds was formerly Kelly's Fountain and has now lost its charm. Please save the town from being taken over by tourists! The large tours and buses are so sad to see.