Search

Baggage storage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baggage storage

I am planning a trip that involves a combination of hiking and touring by car and I need to know if there is a way to stash away my luggage in Madrid or Barcelona for two weeks while I go hiking. Also if I could have it transferred from wherever it is stored (preferrably Barcelona or even better, Pamplona) to Santiago de Compostela...yes I am embarking on a portion of the Camino!!! Please help, this issue is crunching my travel plans.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Bootman4U

Sometimes hotels will allow you to do this...more common to stash it at the railway stations...I wonder if you could ship it by rail onward and be sure it was waiting for you at the other end?

Old Jun 27th, 2003, 11:28 AM

There are companies that ship your luggage anywhere. You could find out the number of one from your hotel in Madrid or Barcelona or on the internet.
Then ship it with them yourself before leaving and send it to your hotel in Santiago, after making sure this is ok with them to hold it. Most hotels will do it, as long as you have a reservation and you let them know .
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Check RENFE, the Spanish Railways left luggage in Madrid or Barcelona but expect to pay a few bucks per bag per day and not sure how long can leave it there. Most Spanish train stations store luggage but for how long is the question. Left luggage and luggage lockers are still open in Spain stations to my knowledge though in others countries like France and Britain most of the facilities are clossed due to terrorism threats, though large stations in these countries still usually have some form of storage.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 07:32 AM

This is my question. Maybe I should have started a new post, but I'll try here. I need to leave 2 med roll bags in Barcelona for 3 nights. Hopefully at the airport. does anyone know if you can leave them there for that long of a period? Or have a suggestion where I might be able to ? Our hotel is AFTER this, so I can't use the hotel.
Thanks,
Carol
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 09:28 AM

If you have a reservation at a hotel at a later date, they probably can hold luggage for you before your actual stay. At least in the hotel I work at, we do it.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 11:02 AM

Hi marigross, not sure if you have already come and gone but many hotels (especially the higher end ones) will store things for you (as long as it is not excessive) for free.

If you prefer a professional paid service, in Madrid there is a new company called Spain Storage (original huh). They offer all types of services.

See www.spainstorage.com for more.

Saludos from Madrid,
jer...