Search

Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 05:01 AM
Betty Medd

Baggage

We are flying into Heathrow, then tubing it to London for two days and back to Heathrow to pick up our rental car and on to Cambridge. Can we check our large bags at Heathrow and pick them up on our return from London? <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 08:02 AM
Sheila

I'm almost certain you can't. They don't like luggage at Airports becuse of the security implications. <BR> <BR>Try one of the mainline stations, which all have left luggage facilities, or your hotel.

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 08:02 AM
Sheila

I'm almost certain you can't. They don't like luggage at Airports becuse of the security implications. <BR> <BR>Try one of the mainline stations, which all have left luggage facilities, or your hotel.

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 12:49 PM
Tony Hughes

Yes you can .... leave it at, rather unsurprisingly, LEFT LUGGAGE. <BR> <BR>Just ask as it's not well signposted.

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 03:54 PM
Betty Medd

<BR>Thanks! I wonder how many miles we will walk before we will find "left Luggage?"I understand the price is a bit outrageous but beats lugging it all into London. Betty

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 11:42 PM
lynn

Betty - <BR> <BR>I don't know about the airport because we took the chunnel from Paris. However, I do know they have left luggage at Waterloo Station. And, I'm sure, the other stations as well. We used it twice. Last September I think it was about $6 per piece. Don't quote me, I don't remember exactly. <BR> <BR>So, even if you can't find it at the airport and are coming right into Waterloo, it wouldn't be a big deal to haul it around the station for 15 minutes until you get it checked in. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 09:47 AM
mwg

We recently left luggage at the airport in Venice. I think there's a good chance of leaving luggage at the airport (and at the train station as well). It sure beats lugging it around. I don't remember the exact cost but it was quite reasonable.