Bad Hair Day?

Old Jan 17th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,324
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blowdryer info: I think that the small blowdryers in Europe have more power and are hotter than the travel dryers in the US. Taking your full size dryer is too heavy and bulky. It pays to buy one over there, usually about 20E. If you buy one in Europe it will work everywhere except in the UK or visavera.
I can't dry my hair with one of those hoses nor with one attached to the wall with only a one foot telephone cord. Again, if the plug is low amp, I will unplug a lamp in the room and use that outlet.
susanna is offline  
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 469
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Susanna...thanks again.
suntravler is offline  
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for asking this question! I've been wondering about this myself for our trip in May.
nicolep91 is offline  
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 554
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you returned from you European adventure as yet? If so, would you mind posting about if and how well your flat iron worked, as well as any tips. I'll be heading to Paris on May 19th and would really appreciate any input. Many thanks!
elsiejune is offline  
Old May 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! Thanks for the posts, I'll be travelling soon and i plan to take my laptop, will the travel smart converter work with a laptop or do i need something with more power? I would appreciate a response. thanks
mngazidja is offline  
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 67,026
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 1 Post
mngazidja: You have tacked your question about your laptop on to a thread about flat irons and hair styling problems w/ a title of "Bad Hair Day". You would do better to start a new thread w/ your question.

But in general - If you have a dual voltage item you only need a plug adaptor. If it is a single voltage appliance - then you have to worry about a converter and an adaptor.
janisj is offline  
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,421
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always pack my dual voltage blow dryer and dual voltage curling brush.

I use both at home every day and toss them in the suitcase with adapter plugs.

In my experience, the blow dryers in hotels are inconveniently located, without sufficient power, or whoppingly heavy.

The curling brush (Conair) I prefer (and produces fabulous results) is not available "over there".

For me, "dragging" the blow dryer and electric curling brush are absolutely essential. They do not take up much room in the suitcase, require only and adapter plug, and produce fabulous results. I also pack an extension cord...
djkbooks is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Oct 15th, 2012 10:50 AM
Feb 28th, 2010 08:37 AM
Aug 1st, 2005 07:16 PM
May 19th, 2005 05:40 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information