Back to Berlin ?

Old May 13th, 2024, 08:26 AM
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,829
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to Berlin ?

I have visited Berlin several times , the last time was a short stay in 2016.
I stayed in the east (Melia hotel, I liked), and the western part (Sofitel, didn't like ).
I am looking for hotel in an area that is lively in the evening/ at night :
a place with restaurants, cafes, movie theatres…etc. , not in bar/night clubs part of town
Seven nights in mid July ..300 e a night max.
Any suggestions? Thank you.
danon is offline  
Old May 13th, 2024, 09:37 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,839
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kastanienhof on Kastanienallee in Prenzlauer Berg. Hotel Oderberger (around the corner from Kastanienallee), beautifully restored, including its glorious swimming pool.
menachem is offline  
Old May 13th, 2024, 11:58 AM
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,829
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by menachem
Kastanienhof on Kastanienallee in Prenzlauer Berg. Hotel Oderberger (around the corner from Kastanienallee), beautifully restored, including its glorious swimming pool.
Thx..the hotel looks splendid .PB is an interesting neighborhood.
I am familiar with the excellent transportation system, but I would prefer to be a bit more central.
Perhaps I should just focus on Mitte?

Last edited by danon; May 13th, 2024 at 12:07 PM.
danon is offline  
Old May 13th, 2024, 09:58 PM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,839
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danon
Thx..the hotel looks splendid .PB is an interesting neighborhood.
I am familiar with the excellent transportation system, but I would prefer to be a bit more central.
Perhaps I should just focus on Mitte?
Maybe look at the Adina properties in Berlin? There's one in Mitte, and I've used the one at Hackescher Markt, which was very central, and a very good location for public transport. Surprisingly calm location too.
menachem is offline  
Old May 14th, 2024, 12:16 AM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just remember the final of the Euros is on July 14th in Berlin. Football, soccer, call it what you will, Berlin will be busy.

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/news/0...atch-schedule/
hetismij2 is offline  
Old May 14th, 2024, 07:01 AM
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,829
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by menachem
Maybe look at the Adina properties in Berlin? There's one in Mitte, and I've used the one at Hackescher Markt, which was very central, and a very good location for public transport. Surprisingly calm location too.
Thx..I’ll take a look.
danon is offline  
Old May 14th, 2024, 07:03 AM
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,829
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hetismij2
Just remember the final of the Euros is on July 14th in Berlin. Football, soccer, call it what you will, Berlin will be busy.

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/news/0...atch-schedule/
I was wondering why some hotels were booked…Thank you, I didn’t know.
My dates are flexible.

Last edited by danon; May 14th, 2024 at 07:07 AM.
danon is offline  
Old May 15th, 2024, 05:34 AM
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2024
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danon
Perhaps I should just focus on Mitte?
Hi !
2 hotels in Mitte that could suit you :
Casa Camper
Adelante Boutique Hotel
Have a nice stay !
PJ94 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2024, 09:28 AM
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,829
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJ94
Hi !
2 hotels in Mitte that could suit you :
Casa Camper
Adelante Boutique Hotel
Have a nice stay !

Thank you !
danon is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ba739
Europe
14
Feb 23rd, 2010 06:48 AM
John
Europe
9
Jun 6th, 2002 09:33 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -