BA luggage check at Paddington?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it still possible to check bags for a British Airways flight at Paddington station? I did this a few years ago but think I heard the service was discontinued. Also, do you have any suggestions for a mid-price hotel (approximately $225/night) within walking distance of Paddington station? Thanks.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:44 PM
MaureenB

We didn't use or need the service you describe, but I saw it advertised when we were in London last month, that you could check your bags at Paddington.

We liked the Hyde Park Radnor Hotel, a B&B within 10 minutes' walk of Paddington, nearer to Hyde Park and in a nice residential neighborhood. I think their quad/family room was about $225, including a full breakfast. So even less expensive for a double or single. It is a very clean and nice place with charm. Our only complaint was that the quad room was way too small for four people. Loved the neighborhood, though. Friendly owners, too. If the Hyde Park Radnor is full, ask them about the little hotels around the corner from them. There were several on the next block that looked nice, too. Also, try Londontown.com.

If you click on my name above, you will find my London-Paris-Amsterdam trip report, with the names of good restaurants in London, along with details about our hotel. Have fun!

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 07:18 PM

When I was in London this past March, check in at Paddington ws no longer available.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 08:45 PM

MaureenB: Are you sure? I was pretty certain the BA check in at Paddington was discontinued quite some time ago.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 09:13 PM

ALL check in services at Paddington have now stopped. For a year or so after BA withdrew its service, Star Alliance kept their desks.

Sadly all - as well as the checkin desks at Victoria for Gatwick - now gone.

Progress, you see.