B&B'S SCOTLAND

Sep 14th, 1998, 10:08 AM
JACK

B&B'S SCOTLAND

We will be travelling to Scotland this month and wonder if anyone can recommend some B&B's in Stirling, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Pitlochry, Inverness areas. Thanks for any responses.

Sep 14th, 1998, 07:02 PM
Karen

I assume you will be driving through Scotland and I highly recommend just finding a B&B while you are driving along. I could recommend some, but it would be hard to find them and in the meanwhile you would be driving by all sorts of nice looking places. We stay at small hotels, maybe three to ten rooms, rather than homes with families. We just returned from Scotland and you won't have a problem in the places you mentioned. You might consider Mount Royal Hotel on Princes Street in Edinburgh...superb location.

Sep 14th, 1998, 07:36 PM
Barbara

Jack, we had a wonderful experience staying at Portinnisherrich on Loch Awe near Dalmally (43 miles from Oban). I don't know if it's on your itinerary, but it's on a one-track road, and the owners are welcoming and perfect B&B hosts. They are incredible cooks, and the husband took us out in his boat one night to tour an abandoned castle on the lake. It was the high point of our Scotland trip. I don't have a Fax number, but the phone number is 01866 844202. The owners are Pat and Richard McKenzie. Have fun on your trip!

Sep 15th, 1998, 03:45 AM
Maira

Hi Jack! I just want to second Karen's sugestion on driving along and finding a place while on the road. My husband & I did that when we visited Scotland last June and it worked out really well. The sights, the scenery, and the people in Scotland are outstanding, so it is not much of a risk as it might be in a city like, London, for example. In the Inverness area we stayed at The Beuford House, right across the street from the Inverness Castle. The rooms were ok, what was outstanding was the friendliness of the staff and the amazing good food in their restaurant. Have the best time!

Sep 15th, 1998, 06:56 AM
Tom

Jack, I do not disagree with previous posters, however I have a great B&B in Pitlochry. Pitlochry is a nice little town, conveniently located as a gateway to the highlands. We stayed there for three nights. E-mail me direct if you are interested. TBH

Sep 17th, 1998, 07:53 AM
Tony Hughes

Jack, i would concur with the previous people BUT it may make sense to contact the Scottish Tourist Board ( on the web ) first. I am a Scotsman living in Edinburgh and even I am amazed at the lack of co-ordination of things in Scotland at times. We are very kind and helpful people, especially to our cousins across the Atlantic but it sometimes pays to look (and book) ahead. Edinburgh is a must, St Andrews also ( but it's busy there as the University has just started back ) and Inverness and the surrounding area is also worth seeing (Loch Ness !!!).Do take proper warm clothing - believe me it's always cold here, and usually wet into the bargain. Saying this , I cannot recommend it highly enough - email me if you need any help, ok?