B&B's outside Florence?

Jul 9th, 2001, 05:44 AM
DougD

B&B's outside Florence?

My wife and I are spending 10 days in Italy, first week in October. We have several of our stops all reserved, but we are now looking for a 3 night 'home base' in the countryside betwen Florence and Sienna. We'e looking for something rural, yet within a hour's drive of both Florece and Sienna. Any suggestions?

Jul 9th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Bjorn Alvik

Hi Dough
The hill northeast of Florence, where Fiesole is on top is not really rural, but the countryside and the Florence view and the nearness to the "rural" thing is mgnificent. Fresh air, beautiful comfort,and with a smell of no rush. What is in my mind is Pensione Bencista. Do not leave Tuscany without having stayed there. No cows or shepards, though.
Bjorn, Oslo

Jul 9th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Paula

Last October we stayed at Locanda Le Piazze just outside of Castellina in Chianti. It is in the middle of a vineyard with sweeping views over nearby hillsides. It has a lovely pool and an excellent restaurant. We had a room with our own private patio. You can see pictures and more details on www.karenbrown.com/italyinns/locandalepiazze.

Jul 9th, 2001, 11:28 PM
Ian

Fiesole is lovely but the Pensione Bencista is really a hotel and not a B&B or "Agriturismo".
Take a look at Fattoria Pagnana on www.fattoria-pagnana.com
This is 10 miles S/E of Florence and has beautifully restored country cottages on a working wine and olive oil producing estate (I have stayed there numerous times and always return every time business or pleasure takes me to Tuscany).
Around that time of the year I know that they have cookery courses linked to the wine harvest - you can participate in that too if interested.
Finally they are very close to the factory outlets of Gucci, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana as well as Fendi which has only just opened.

Jul 10th, 2001, 05:27 AM
christina

ciao doug

i mentioned it allready, but go to the website of giulietta:

www.fagiolari.it

it's a real b&b at panzano and in karen browns b&b guide. and you have 1 hour driving to florence and 2 hours driving to siena (on the chiantigiana).

tanti saluti

christina

Jul 10th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Maureen

Just back form Italy and stayed 2 nights at a wonderful farm B&B 15Km south of Siena. We couldn't have asked for anything more relaxing to come back to after driving through the countryside during the day to see the sights www.toscanaholiday.com