B & Bs in Florence or apartment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 5 of us (ladies) looking for an apartment in Florence for end of September or B & B. To make it more difficult we really need air conditioning and an elevator. Does anyone have any suggestions? We may have to do a hotel.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:22 AM

We're renting an apartment in Florence in mid-May that sleeps five. I can give an update when I return. We rented it through www.vrbo.com. You should also check out www.airbnb.com. We rented our Cologne, Germany apartment through that organization. What I liked about airbnb.com is that they have a map in which you can highlight the area you want to stay in and apartments that fit your criteria (including date) pop up. You can specify your requirements (such as AC and elevator) or just send an email to the owner. I find the owners quite prompt with their responses.

There are many other vacation apartment rental outfits for Italy. Others here will likely have some great suggestions.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:11 AM

We rented 2 apartments in Italy last year - one in Rome and one in Florence using sleepinitaly.com. They have a wide selection of apartments and the staff is very helpful. We are going back to Rome next month and have already used their site to book our apartment. I highly recommend them. Enjoy!
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 09:17 AM

Some apts - usually pricier ones - will have AC - but you do need to check:

1) is it all rooms
2) is it american style AC and not "air cooling" - which drops the temp perhaps 10 degres but is useless if it's 95
3) you have control of it in your apartment
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 09:48 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
These apartments are about a 15 minute walk from the center or train station. Might be further out than you want although there is bus service from the train station. Quite a few of the apartments are first floor (maybe one that isn't?) and they have AC. They are quiet and open to an inner courtyard. There is a laundry about a block away and they have racks to dry clothes available to the apartments.

http://www.residenzailcarmine.com/