B&Bs in Beaune and Lyon

Apr 16th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

B&Bs in Beaune and Lyon

For a drive between Dijon and Avignon next month, we'd like to overnight in both Beaune and Lyon. If you have discovered a small gem in these two areas, I'd appreciate a recommendation. Thanks!
Apr 16th, 2018, 11:18 AM

We had a wonderful time at L'Octroi Saint-Jacques in Beaune. Here is a link to my trip report: Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
Apr 16th, 2018, 02:43 PM

One of the (if not the) best b&bs we've ever stayed was Les Jardins de Los in Beaune.

From my report..."It's a large house encompassing four rooms and overlooking an expansive enclosed garden (perfect for afternoon wine sipping). The location could not be beat (only five minutes to the Hospices and ten minutes to all our restaurant choices). It had a large bathroom with a glorious walk-in shower (no death shower here). Our host, Phillipe (he and his wife, Anne-Marie, are the owners of this wonderful property), explained that he has traveled a lot, and he finds it tiring to wake up and having to hassle with an undersized shower." Great breakfast, too. Highly recommended.

Picture is of breakfast room...

https://travelswithmaitaitom.com/cha...ecking-beaune/

Apr 16th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

northfork280 - Thanks for your response and for pointing me to your wonderful trip report. It sounds like you had a great time and the area is truly enchanting. I will definitely check out the B&B that you stayed in.
Apr 16th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Ooh, it looks so nice. Thank you for the (illustrated) recommendation.
Apr 16th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Original Poster

Maitaitom - thanks for your suggestion and for your photos. It's helping us plan our time in Beaune.

Search this Thread